RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 7/18-22

Time for the Sodus Pro Am, time to buckle up and hang on and catch some fish! With the unfortunate changes to the ProAm we won't be fishing the main category, but I will be fishing the Open on Saturday on my friend Andy's boat. Tonight and tomorrow my coworker and has his three kids will be coming out. They got stuck on I81 on the way up due to an accident that shut it down, but we're still hoping to get out for a couple of hours. The weather looks like it has the potential to be a bit nasty over the next couple of days but we'll see....

Tonight

Northeast winds 10 knots. Waves 2 feet or less.

Thursday

Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 2 to 4 feet.

Thursday Night

Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Friday

Northeast winds 10 knots or less. Waves 2 feet or less.

Friday Night

Northeast winds 10 knots or less. Waves 2 feet or less.

Saturday

Southeast winds less than 10 knots. Waves 2 feet or less.

Sunday

Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Lake looks pretty nice tonight on the webcams, these guys have been on boats before, but never anything rougher than 1 footers probably, so hopefully I can get them out tonight and work out the nerves and butterflies!

WBSTR_l.jpg

SDSPN_l.jpg

Theresa stayed home this weekend, due to lack of vacation time and the usual curse of the Sodus ProAm ... just about every year it has been extremely rough water (last year was definitely an exception from the norm).

See everyone out there, please be safe and stay off my fish :lol: I doubt our team will take things very seriously, so I'll probably be posting as usual throughout, but I'll leave that decision to them in case they want to be competetive :)

Nick

Yea tomorrow's forecast isnt looking great either and my crew doesnt want to leave until 7 :)

Ray, screen lit up over 200 when the sun went down, they just weren't feeding heavy between 730-9.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Should have gotten out this am, we had a very good bite going on majors and ended at 12:30 7 for 13, biggest just over 25 lbs. It was tough keeping them buttoned in the surf! :$

Any depth working better than others? Riggers up high? We marked fish high today (50ft) even though temp was deep.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Good luck out there - you have bigger stones than me. I do not fish during SCA. I hope the fish gods reward you with a 30 pounder.

Be safe and good luck,

- Chris