RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 7/18-22

LOZ042-043-192015-

NIAGARA RIVER TO SODUS BAY ALONG LAKE ONTARIO

INCLUDING IRONDEQUOIT BAY-

957 AM EDT THU JUL 19 2012

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON

THIS AFTERNOON

EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST.

BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.

TONIGHT

NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. A CHANCE

OF SHOWERS OVERNIGHT. WAVES BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET.

FRIDAY

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES

4 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

FRIDAY NIGHT

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 KNOTS

OR LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET

SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET.

THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 77 DEGREES.

BRIGHT SIDE IS THAT THE WATER IS WARM!!!! :lol:

Here is NOAA forecast for 1 mile north of Sodus lighthouse as of 5pm Thursday.

Tonight: NE wind 13 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Waves 2 ft building to 4 ft.

Friday: E wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

Friday Night: E wind around 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.

Saturday: E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.

Saturday Night: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S around 6 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.

Sunday: S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.

Sunday Night: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 9 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.

Well the wind is still howling, not looking good for the morning. Hopefully we'll be able to get out in the afternoon at least.

My friend just dropped off a new rigger weight for me, about 14lbs. We used them on his boat last weekend and they tracked really nicely...

2012-07-19_20-25-35_341.jpg

A few quick videos of the rough fishing today. Eric was the lucky man of the day, not because his fish was the biggest, but because he had to reel it in on the 500' copper in 8' waves... he was a trooper though and showed that fish who was boss!

zooStzWpcko&feature=plcp&hd=1

The ride in was kinda scary, had to actually ride out a bit to get back East then head with the waves into the chute. If you didn't give the boat enough gas to "surf the wave", the wave would pick you up and push you wherever it wanted...

5UXkNhyuoqI&feature=plcp&hd=1

Also, we caught a lamprey today, but it snuck off the boat before I could get a picture of it. Thought this video was pretty awesome...

eqoT8tcZq6k&feature=r-vrec&hd=1

For those of you braving the storm tomorrow, please be safe.

Nick

When we drove by you I was like "man look at this guy he's gettin tossed around like a cork in a flushed toilet .. Oh that's Finders Keepers lol".

A wee bit too rough for us today. It will give me a chance to change out one of my boat batteries though and do some prep work for the Salmon Slam in a couple of weeks (Cant wait!)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

When we drove by you I was like "man look at this guy he's gettin tossed around like a cork in a flushed toilet .. Oh that's Finders Keepers lol".

A wee bit too rough for us today. It will give me a chance to change out one of my boat batteries though and do some prep work for the Salmon Slam in a couple of weeks (Cant wait!)

Nick,

We made the decision last night to bag the BFF today due to the weather. We are going to come up for lunch and try to pre-fish this afternoon/evening. We are going to go over to the weigh in for the BFF and see how everyone did. Maybe we will see you there?

Nick,

We made the decision last night to bag the BFF today due to the weather. We are going to come up for lunch and try to pre-fish this afternoon/evening. We are going to go over to the weigh in for the BFF and see how everyone did. Maybe we will see you there?

What time is weigh in?

Nick i hope ya had that "Mortar" round "defused" hey wait Ill bet yer droppin that over the side and when she goes off you double back and net the fish...

Shhhh it's my secret weapon...

Been out of touch for a few weeks with the baby and bellow repair...looking to get back at it Sunday, how are the fleas?

The cold water has kept the fleas away, very few on the lines.

What time is weigh in?

Everyone has to weigh in by 3 pm. We are going to be at Captain Jacks or Abe's for lunch around 1 or 1:15 then hang out for the weigh in.

What time is weigh in?

Everyone has to weigh in by 3 pm. We are going to be at Captain Jacks or Abe's for lunch around 1 or 1:15 then hang out for the weigh in.

Ok if we cant get out on the lake by then ill stop by.