What the heck is this? Caught in middle of Lake Ontario

Hello everyone.

A very nice couple from Kerhonkson NY stays with us here at Captain's Cove every year. This year they were out on the Lake salmon fishing and they "caught" this. Any idea what it is?

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

~ Michele

Captain's Cove Resort, Inc.

http://www.fishcaptainscove.com/

[email protected]

585-682-3316

If you blow the picture up big enough you can see both the single and the treble hook outside the mouth. Besides, that bugger would have bled

I vote for photo shop

If you blow the picture up big enough you can see both the single and the treble hook outside the mouth. Besides, that bugger would have bled

I vote for photo shop

I see what you mean - you can see both hooks and all points, none actually in the possum.

Fisher....very nasty....they will swim 20 miles to eat flies. Once hooked they know you are gonna bring their ass to the boat

AND EAT THE REST OF YER FLIES :omg:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yup, fisher, That critter looks nothing like a possum

Possum79765x75-15-10800sign.jpg

If it's shopped it's a good one. Hard to photoshop a blurry pic though I guess you could blur it afterwards but what makes it look real is in the clear pic.

It's true you can see all the hook points, but one of them appears to be hooked just barely in the cheek of the fisher, pulling it up and giving it that snarl, also a whisker goes over the hook which would be hard to fake, and finally the fly leaves a shadow on the water. And the fly is hooked on something as the line is taught. There are no obvious jpeg artifacts either.

How about it Captain's Cove? Real or fake?