Boat launch near Sodus Point?

Thinking about trailering boat to fish Sodus Point area sometime over next few weeks, once weather settles and lake sets back up. Is there a launch in Sodus Point where I can put my boat in early, around 5:00 am, or should I go to Port Bay and put in at DEC launch? For Port Bay, according to DEC website there are two seperate launches. Any recommendations as to which one to use? Thanks!

Keith

If you do decide to launch at Port Bay, use the north launch. The access road is a little bumpy, but just go slow. There are two ramps that launch into deep water. You are about fifty yards from the channel, and there is more than ample parking.

The south launch has one ramp. But two boats can be launched at the same time. The problem is that it's pretty shallow (and getting shallower every day) and the ramp has a drop off. Don't back in past the orange line painted on the dock or you are off the pad. Better yet- use the north launch.

Jim

Hey guys, will arney take a daily pass? Thought it was only a season pass. Cant take the assmasters at the town ramp anymore... Best, mark

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Thanks for the launch info. Is it typically best to head west out of Sodus Bay to locate kings? If so, would it be worthwhile to launch out of Hughes Marina instead of the Bay? Thanks for all advice! Good luck to anyone fishing this weekend. Keith