When will they be back

Been fishing out of oswego and doing well up until two weeks ago. I know Oswego doesn't usually get a good showing of kings till aug and sept but this place just shut right down. Where did they go? I know it's temp related but just curious when people think they will show back up? And if anyone could shed some light on what the various wind directions do to the temps and breaks in the lake would be great. I know that pretty broad but just looking for the basic idea. Cold water on top/bottom and what various winds take them

the inside water usually takes the broad stroke of warm and cold waters, the farther you go off shore the water stays more stable, example; the thermalcline could move 20 to 30 feet on the inside waters while the off shore waters may only fluctuate 10 feet, another thing to keep in mind when the temp is in the basement on the inside water you can find the temp higher offshore, sounds good and easy to fish right, wrong, problem with going offshore is the fish are not concentrated like they are in shore so it takes some time to find them, use your fish finder and find bait and work that bait, hope this gives a little more info that you wanted, oswego can be frustrating to fish but when you have offshore waypoints it makes it a little more interesting and should be able to put more fish in the box

Nope. They are still "gone". Went out this morning and went right to 600ish flow and worked in to 100fow. Got one really nice king in about 400ish on flasher fly " hammer time" and two lake trout when we got to 100 flow on spoons. Two very well known charter boats out of Oswego only caught a few browns and bass. The other only caught one king and that was it for him. At $800 a day I'd be bumming if I was those customers :( . Anyhow temp was down around 65-80 depending how much water I was over. Very little bait. Waiting for the good days to return!

Tried in tight also and all we got were lake trout and browns. I'm not saying it can't be done in any way shape or form, but it is tuff out there at the moment. It's nice to get out anyways and relax but this spring we got spoiled with a strong early showing of kings. No doubt they are coming back in force just not fast enough :D

Nope. They are still "gone". Went out this morning and went right to 600ish flow and worked in to 100fow. Got one really nice king in about 400ish on flasher fly " hammer time" and two lake trout when we got to 100 flow on spoons. Two very well known charter boats out of Oswego only caught a few browns and bass. The other only caught one king and that was it for him. At $800 a day I'd be bumming if I was those customers :( . Anyhow temp was down around 65-80 depending how much water I was over. Very little bait. Waiting for the good days to return!

When you were in 600 fow, you should have just spent your efforts trolling WEST... ;) Instead of trolling in. The Charters are working the skinny water and concentrating on browns, to give their clients the best chance at the most hook ups. Yesterday was tough, but the last few days a quick near limit of quality browns has been taken, with time to slide out to the deeper inside water and more than a few kings are being taken with this approach. Yesterday afternoon a few of the Charters stayed in 200 fow, and caught 2-3 big kings for their efforts, while a bunch of us went out over 600 fow , and had more , with steelhead in the catch as well. West has been best, in the offshore waters. There are limitations when operating a business in how far you are going to travel in a six hour trip, and how much profit you are going to burn in gas. ;) Friday afternoon I ran out of Fairhaven, fished 600 fow in front of the silos, and boxed a limit of big kings in 4 hours . I was 18 miles from the Oswego Lighthouse, and wouldn't/couldn't run my Oswego charters that far yesterday...This morning , however, I am out of Fairhaven, and plan on returning to the same area!

Good luck, keep searching, and remember it is called fishing, NOT CATCHING. :)