Cayuga - 7/22

Launched out of Long Point.

Got quite a few small lakers, but could not get anything over 5 pounds. Fished in 100 to 130 fow. Lots of good marks from 60 to bottom, but only attracted the small ones. No hits on spoons today. All came on flasher and fly. The paddles were white and green pulling Atomik hammer fly and Big Weenie Reel Hooked Up' fly.

Fleas were not an issue, however, there were some huge floating weeds pods. At one point our dipsey found one and we had to bring all lines in and circle this weed bed like we were trying to land a monster fish. Managed to save everything. Phew.!

The strangest thing I saw today was a lamprey attached to my fish-shaped downrigger weight. I was bringing the weight in from 80 feet down and once I saw the weight approaching the surface, thought I saw weeds until it broke the surface and saw the eel attached to weight. Yikes! Hate those things. If I did not see it it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. It was quite long probably a good foot.

Good luck out there!

After reading your report I felt a little better with my results yesterday (misery love company). Pretty much the same report, same area. No spoon fish and only a couple dink lakers. My fish came off the dipsey in the green/white family also. My weed clump episode was with the rigger. The weed clump almost stopped the boat till I cleared it (someone wasn't watching for weed clumps :itwasntme: ).

Glad to hear the fleas have taken a turn for the better. On Seneca Saturday I was amaazed at the lack of fleas compared to the last outing on Cayuga. Thanks for the report. Mark

I had an eel attach itself to my transom. I gave it a squeeze with my pliers and it swam away. Five minutes later it attached itself again. Strange

RIC66...that is strange!

Stinger... couldn't believe I did not get 1 hit on a spoon. Glad to you know you had the same.

I have the same feeling. Not even a dink salmon.

I went into my box of spoon tricks and the only one that worked was the one on how to load my boat on the trailer and go home :$:rofl::rofl:

Got quite a few small lakers, but could not get anything over 5 pounds. Fished in 100 to 130 fow. Lots of good marks from 60 to bottom, but only attracted the small ones. No hits on spoons today. All came on flasher and fly. The paddles were white and green pulling Atomik hammer fly and Big Weenie Reel Hooked Up' fly.

Fleas were not an issue, however, there were some huge floating weeds pods. At one point our dipsey found one and we had to bring all lines in and circle this weed bed like we were trying to land a monster fish. Managed to save everything. Phew.!

The strangest thing I saw today was a lamprey attached to my fish-shaped downrigger weight. I was bringing the weight in from 80 feet down and once I saw the weight approaching the surface, thought I saw weeds until it broke the surface and saw the eel attached to weight. Yikes! Hate those things. If I did not see it it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. It was quite long probably a good foot.

Good luck out there!

Hope that eel dulled all his teeth!!!!! :lol:

Good luck out there!

Hope that eel dulled all his teeth!!!!! :lol:

I hope so!