Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Had 2 trips saturday. First trip the guys decided to show up at the boat at 7 instead of 5 :@ So I went Brown trout fishing for there 4hour trip we managed to put 5 in the boat. The browns were all very high in the water. 30ft mono divers were the ticket they were probably fishing around 14ft down. Super Slims were the bait of choice. We worked about 45 ft of water east of the harbor. The BTs were high in the water column all weekend.

Saturday afternoon- Good customers of mine so I wanted to try for some salmon. Got a few decent reports of a few being caught west of the harbor. So we set our sights for 250ft of water about 8 miles to the west. I set down on a vapor screen...Nice call Capt... :$:$ So I set the autopilot on a northwest troll. We got to 387 and the diver takes off. Lesson one for the day "DONT SET THE HOOK ON THE DIVERS"!! The picture there was ok but not what I was looking for so we kept trolling. 435 the same diver takes off again.. AND AGAIN WE TRY AND SET THE HOOK :@:@:@ Ok so after we had fishing lessons again we are still on a Northwest troll got to 622 and all heck broke lose we doubled diver and core take off ok we got 1 out of 2 well its a start. After that we did well catching steelhead and kings for the next 2.5 hours until we got there limit. All range of age class kings from 5lbs to 27lbs and a bunch of steelhead in the 4 to 9lb class. Our stud was the Blood Run wire out 180 and 220. And 300ft Blood Run Coppers pulling Chrome chips with B flys. Hot spoons were Warrior green dolphins on the riggers down 30. Kings are there they just higher in the water column then we are used to. The temp would break over at 37 ft. When I turned for home I was 16 miles northwest of Oswego. Good Luck to all fishing the last week of the derby. I am off to British Columbia to the Campbell River for some salmon fishing.

If I told you a month ago we'd be fishing temp down 40ft out of Sodus/Oswego you would have called me a liar :) Very strange few weeks we are having, can't remember the last time we had high temps for this long in the summer.

Nick

I kinda liked the temp where it was over the weekend... Took 9 Kings 5 to 18# on saturday am, 50 to 80 over 170 to 250 . Then sunday am 15 trout over 25 to 40 .. 3 n 4 color lead core were the hot rods, riggers were hot as well. Fishin Oswego made easy. better than finding 70 down 120 :( IMO ...Sat afternoon was SLOOOOW for me for sure in inside waters... Brian made the right move going off shore.