Species Breakdown:kings

Hot Lure: sea sick mag, mt. dew sdcrush 72 monte fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed: ???

Boat Depth: 100-130

Lure Depth: 65-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Started out early and set up with charter boats at 100ft. Trolled out to 250 with only small king(15 incher). Turned around headed south started marking tons of bait,

at 115 ft the dipsey rod started singing(mt.dew cush 72 monte) 180 back #2 braid drag screemed out to 585 ft. Got it to about 150 ft and realized "this is a big fish". Every head shake was stripping drag off the reel. Didn't realize it was so big until i got it into the boat. Weighed the fish on my berkley digi and read 39.7 lbs. After calling everyone i knew set up again and worked 130-90 ft range. My buddy Mike picked off some nice teeners on sd fly and sea sick mag. Decided to call it a day b/c he had to work. Went to Narby's for and official wieght( thanks Sharon), 36.6lbs and no I am not signed up for the summer LOC. Great day on the water with a good friend and a big fish.

====================

fishin12_023.jpg

fishin12_025.jpg

What a monster shark!!!! Way to go! It is definitely good to see people with the more primitive equipment (i.e. hand crank riggers), and custom equipment, even though you got em on the dip to be able to go out there and make all the big guns a little jealous. I bet you will register in the future as you now know anyone can do it you just have to be out there. Great fish and hope he will look magnificent on the mantle. Fish of a lifetime. Congratulations, well done. Get back out there.