Species Breakdown: all kings

Hot Lure: white crush spin doctor and little boy blue fly

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 250 to 330

Lure Depth: 70 to 90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

At the start, coming out of the chute, lake was rough but we weren't stopping, we started out at 200 feet and dropped riggers. Two riggers down 90 feet with spoons and two dipsy's out with spin doctors and fly's. After a half an hour we had our first shot on the starboard dipsy, this was the white crush with little boy blue fly, this was 6 lbs king. second fish taken was on the same rig as soon as it got back out, this was a 5 lbs king, we didn't know it yet but this was a good warm up for the next three fish. after about 20 min the port 275' dipsy with a mountain dew spin doctor with a white atomic fly took a shot. I couldn't do anything to stop it until the line counter reached 425', I was able to turn him around and start bringing him in until he reached 150', he then ran out another 100'. After that I was able to work him in. Wow, by the time the counter reached 75' my left forearm was on fire, loved it, :rofl::rofl:, this one was a 28 lbs king. As soon as that fish hit the deck the starbord 290' dipsy took off again, this fish did almost the same thing, took 125' before we turned him and then at 75' ran another 75'. When he got close to the boat he cut straight across to the port side catching the port rigger fishing line and broking it. This King weighed 24lbs, luckily the release held the rig on the port rigger and we didn't lose the set-up. As soon as we brought up the port rigger the starboard rigger with a antifreeze stinger spoon took a shot, this fish wasn't as big, weighing in at 20 lbs. Took one more lightweight at 4 pounds, then we took one more big shot on the little boy blue fly, this fish was another good size fish, got him to 40' on the counter and he broke off :@:@ . This was our best king day out, being greenhorns and hindsight being twenty twenty, I think after bringing in two other big fish on this same rig I should have retied my knots. Any advice, thanks in advance.

====================

After any king bite or land I always check hooks fly leader and leader back to the dipsey. Even if your running 50# on your fly you will want to retie if you feel any abrasion. May keep it out of the water a little longer, but you'll be confident in your tackle. Line is the cheapest part so check it often. Even spoon bites off riggers. Check the 15-20 ft of leader to the release. Hope this helps with less breakoffs. Bill