help catching more bigger salmon (trolling)

We usually do well fishing, but at the cleaning station we always see others with bigger fish.

What pointers can anyone offer to help us with our catch.

We finally bit the bullet and ordered a Depth Raider, never used one before but I've heard nothing but good about them!

I'll be up again Aug 2 for a few days, fishing out of Olcott, with the Depth Raider for the first time.

mark

This year has been so busy that I have not fished alot. But the years that I am consistently on the water I catch more and bigger fish. Assuming you are a average fisherman or better, spending more time on the water may be all it takes. Guaranteed if I spent as much time on the water as at work I would have a lot of big fish in the cooler.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

general rule of thumb is if you are catching smaller fish drop your rigs down deeper. The bigger fish are generally below the smaller guys. Also like stated above make sure you have one in the COLD water. 8)

We always have at least one meat

Rig down deep and we always see

A lot of fish on it of all sizes

Most of our bigger ones come on

Dipseys with spoons, lymans or flies

However the only monster we have

Ever broke off came on the deep meat

Good luck

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Haven't tried it yet but I've been told to make that one a meat rig. It won't necessarily be the most active but the fish that hit it tend to be bigger.

Yes, that's what I do - always have one line at 100 - 110 ft on an MC Rocket. Last week it took the biggest fish around 25 lbs.

All above is great advice. The only thing I can tell you for now is not to worry so much about the temp in a couple of weeks. As the salmon approach there time to run the rivers they will be caught out of temp. The probe will help you more next year, spring to about this time next year. Sorry for the news.

general rule of thumb is if you are catching smaller fish drop your rigs down deeper. The bigger fish are generally below the smaller guys. Also like stated above make sure you have one in the COLD water. 8)

Thanks for all the advice...DR arrived today and just got done installing...

What temp. would you target for the "COLD" water if I end up running a meat rig deep?

I have a green rig and a purple rig for the herring strips. would you team these up with SD of the same color, or better to mix it up?