St Lawrence Walleyes

Kevin J Legg

Woke up very early this morning so decided to hit the river. I had a limit of walleyes by 5:30 AM. I actually caught four ( culled one) and had a couple others on. Also caught a couple bass and a drum that I thought was a walleye. Fish were pretty shallow and active. They should be available for a while now.

image.jpg

Fish down there 2 weeks ago seemed to be more weeds than normal even where i was trolling. Alot of weeds floating. Just wondering Kevin were they up around the 25 to 30 foot range that is where i had my best luck last year this time of year, i am hoping to get back down there this weekend. Still havent had much luck jigging for them which is my pefered method. Good luck and maybe we will meet up on the river one of these days.

I was camping with family down river by Lisbon Beach and tried to see if I could get any walleyes going. Tied trolling some. (too many floating weeds) and jigging spoons and even casting from 5-45 fow with nothing to show but a pike. Back to home waters later this week and a possible run to Canada for salmon or walleyes on Saturday.