Trolling After Dark

For several years i've thrown out balls of skein or trolled glow spoons at the mouth of the salmon river in the wee hours. However, the crowds have turned me off from that. Besides the inherent frustration and danger of trolling after dark, is there any reason why trolling glow spoons on the main lake would not work off the mouth of the salmon and oswego rivers in August and September?

I have an In-Fisherman video (Great Lakes Salmon and Trout) of the boys having sucess near dark, but not after dark...

=

I trolled outside Oswego harber at night to or three times and got a nice king, I think I was flat lining , it hit a sutton. Its scary out there in the dark, you mite want to have a spot light handy if another boat is heading at you at high speed. ;):o ..

I did it for about a dozen years till I got a bigger boat. Flat line and planner boards with glow j plugs and glow mag spoons are killer. Last week of August till the end of September Start in 20 feet of water and come all the way into 5 feet. Almost run your boards on shore. Always troll into the wind of the water plume from the salmon river. Kings will have there noses pointing into the current out in the lake at night. BUT watch out for the drift boats out trolling at the mouth in the lake, most don't run navigation lights in the dark. :@