Rod holder help

I have big job rod holders ( the ones that you pull the spring loaded pin to adjust ) I need to separate the wheel with the holes in it from the aluminum base to get access to the bolt that comes through the bottom of the base... I need to remove it and put longer bolts through the base? The pin that holds it together looks like a friction fit pin( like they uses to hold guns together) just wanted to know if anyone else has had one apart before I start beating on it with a center punch?

Thanks in advance!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

yes I called big jon about it they said it was no problem could get the pin out ok but when i got to the bolt could not budge it in any way shape or form not even with hear bent the bolt ruined the base and threw it in the garbage ... needed longer bolt to get through top rail on boat they were older but good luck :no:

Poke , just finished them the pin is a friction fit ... I got that out the bolt was tuff but I screwed a nut on it and hit it out with a ball peen hammer they are not threaded, they just are friction fit they will not turn the only wAy out is to knock them out . I need a few more holders if you know anyone who has any

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png