Sandy - Wind, Waves, water spouts and Kings!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Escape

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):7/28/12

Time on Water:5am

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: 3-5 with the occasional 8 foot roller!

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: ?

Total Boated:20+

Species Breakdown:Kings and steelhead

Hot Lure: Hammer Time Spin Doctor and Green Hammer Fly and the Live Wire Spin Doctor with the green crinkle

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 130 - 400

Lure Depth: 70 - 85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started the morning motoring out to 130 in 2 - 3 foot waves. Worked the inside waters and had one upper teens king, one GIANT lamprey on cutbait (yes the lamprey took the cutbait!) and a TON of skippers to show for it. Worked our way out to the 330 - 375 are and started to get into some nice kings and steelhead. Put together a nice box consisting of a 19,20,23 and a 23lb king. 90% of our hits today came on flashers and flies on the wires, copper and riggers. I was running 6 flashers and flies on 4 wires, 1 copper and 1 rigger with 2 riggers cheated with spoons. The only fish we took on spoons were skippers, small bows and smaller kings. At the weigh in, our box was good enough for 4th place. Congrats to all the winners and I tip my hat to the guys that worked HARD to make this event another success.

Yup, it was a great day despite the waves and the waterspouts. I can't add much to Brian's report, as we did almost exactly the same thing, but finished just out of the money. Congratulations to the winners...the big fish was a hair over 32 lbs and the winning box was 107 lbs (yes, four fish for 107 pounds total weight)...and nobody's surprised whose boat it came off. That "X" on his back just got a bit bigger!!

Thanks to all of the guys who helped organize the event and all of the businesses that contributed. Hats off to Rob, Mike, Scott and Keith! :beer:

My Son,and I thank all who helped,nuttin better than headin into solid 2 and 3 ftrs with ocasional 4 ft thrown in IN PITCH BLACK CONDITIONS..

iT WAS PERFECT SALMON CHOP with a non stop bite from the first fish, had 3 what we thought were ok fish before 7am only to have "whats his name" crack open the lid at weigh in and overload the 100lb max scales With 4 fish. I knew i shoulda stayed home and just sent my "donation to Jason"...

All went well Good job to all another great trip with my son!!

Ray K. pegasus...And Casey..

Nice report and pics Brian :yes: definately an interesting day out there. Congrats on 4th place!! Maybe you can talk the tournament organizers into a prize for the biggest lamprey next year 8):lol:

Shawn

nice job! Set-N-Ready teamed up with jakey baby to fish the shootout and we did good out there despite the waves as well. And you guys beat us by .99lbs! we had one 15lb kicker that really hurt us! But nice job on the placing!

and do you know if anyone got pictures of the water spout i took a couple but only as it was just forming and was fighting a fish when it touched down!

Mach,

Yankee Troller had a good pic of the Spout. It is posted in the tweets area of this site. Congrats on your 5th place finish.

FX,

Thanks and Congrats on your Shootout and LOC Steelhead!

Choo-Choo,

Thanks and my "Crew" was top notch! I could not have done it without them.

An absolute great day what an adventure. the Guys that set up this tourny did a great job I can only imagine the amount of work they had to do. When you have over 40 boats you are doing something right.

congrats to My old dock mate on another great win Good job trish. lol

The waterspout was great thanks to whoever called it out on the radio somehow we didnt see it right away.

already cant wait till next year get the date out early so there is no more vacation excuses. lmao :rofl:

Awesome time fishing the tourney this year. My team, Tom (tcon), friend Lois, Toms boy Dustin, and friend Franz, two 13 year olds did a great job piloting the boat and the boys reeled the fish. Thanks to all who put this event together, an even better time than last year. :yes:

Great job on the fish box Brian! It was certainly a rough day to keep a good spread working, as we found out on a couple tangles, trimming back a couple rods was a better plan for us. looking forward to next year. Congrates to all the winners!

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png