Oneida Lake Eyes 10-6-07

Trolled the channel Saturday afternoon after the storm blew by. Caught a 3 man limit of 9, culled the live well twice for a total of 11 keeper size eyes (just kept 9). Also caught three perch, one of which was 13.5" long, and they were fat. Took fish on copper (200 foot section), inline boards with deep divers, & riggers as well. It was nice to have everything working. Had several 2 to 3" shad in the live well, and saw a lot of bait on the screen. This is prime time for Oneida Eyes!!! Left before dark closed in. The DEC visited us on their large outboard powered glass boat. Flashed our licenses & showed our life preservers & they were on their way.

[/b]

Good report, I took fish doing the same on friday morning. I worked around the 119 in 35-40 fow. I ran deep lil reef runners off the boards for the suspended fish and then I took some fish off the bottom with the riggers. One question and I am not busting your balls. Arent walleye illegale to cull? I think I heard that. I am just wondering because I never keep fish so I dont do it and when I'm in tournaments , I was told if you put it " in the box" you have to keep it. Anyone know the regulation behind this?

:( never made it out .. my home project took longer as usual. As it stands now the clouds are rolling in so today looks iffy. Not sure about tomorrow (sunday). I hope to get out and chase white tails instead of fish tails!! If I'm out on the water Ill look for you. I have marine radio usually on scan mode (if I rember to rurn it on) and fish out of Fremac. 22' yellow Scout.

Our days are numbered out there this time of the year.... Good luck !!

mark