Tomahawk SC shootout W/ Tommy B. out of retirment.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Captian Jonathan Ross Tomahawk sportfishing

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):july 28th

Time on Water:5am till 145

Weather/Temp:80

Wind Speed/Direction:10 15 knot out of the north

Waves: 3 to 5

Surface Temp: 74

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 30

Total Boated:20

Species Breakdown:kings and steel

Hot Lure: dw gater glow / carbon 14 moonshine/ spinnys W flys

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100 too 500

Lure Depth: 75 to 110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished with ellot Zelinski he"s been with me as a mate for a few years now doing a super job and are 3rd for this trip was tommy B (THE BLAST FROM THE PAST) from east fork pro marine, on the way out, tommy tells me it's been 8 years since he's been out on the lake for a early salmon hunt . As we get close too the peir heads i see at least ten boats out before us with there lights blinking, o wait they were not blinking just dipping down and up in the wave"s kinda made um look like there were going on and off and i soon relize that its not a 2ft or less wave out there as reported on a few of the site's i check. owell here we go motor up on plane and get out too 100fow and set up and about 20 mins in we hook into a king in 120fow 12/13 pounder another 20 mins later small steelhead off the 75 rigger to small tossed him back in the lake too grow. I was marking a lot of bait and small fish in the 120 too 140 range but seemed they had lock jaw so we pointed the nose north out too 250 with out a touch and the other boats or pack of us spread out some deep and some inside so we as a team decided to move back into that 120 140 water and see if it was going too be a late bite with the moon phaze from the night before its kinda been like that so it only made good sence too me too give it a go seeing the sceen was blank out where we were trolled back in and picked up a few small steadhead this time were boxed the poor 7-8 pounds just trying too get a four fish box togther with it being close to 9 am now . off the beach west of port with a half hr lull were decided once agine too go deep into hunt mode this time we would head for 500 fow on the way to it in 380 one of the dipsy take's off and we would boat are 2nd king in the low 20lbs high teens and have a four fish box, next fish would hit at 450fow bang off the rigger swims right at the boat and see's us and off into both dipsys and a rigger cheater , let me tell ya it was a real spider web but i quickly grabbed the line with the fish on it and ellot dropped the rod to give me a hand, hand lining it in when bang anther fish on tommy grabs that one and were doubled up, tommy would boat the 10lb steelhead as me and ellot were working on the hand lining of the king ,and get it in reach for tommy to scoop up a another 20lb plus fish and the box starts looking good so we get too 475fow and decide too work the 450 to 380 range as we make the turn back in we pass by Jason from trout-N-about and I'm like o great he's been out here on these fish all morning and fugured he was culling and putting a good box together, i said that out loud ! tommy stops and looks and me ands say we got a good box just keep doing what ur doing so i got a quick boost and we would keep working the water and boat another 10 or so king with more steelhead in the mix with are box up graded a few more time's . and heavy ! 145 pm came and we were 9 mile's from port with a major on with ellot battling the lake O shark me and tommy pulled lines too get ready too make the long run back too port we all high fived just before we hit the thottle with a box we felt had a chance to be atleast in the money ! ( high light of the day 500 copper that no one on the boat was happy too reel in took a big hit and was ripping line i figured we would tag team the rod too keep everyone fresh and get it too the boat as quikly as we could but tommy B had another though for that and said it was all his so we let em have at it for about 25 mins and he would boat are largest king single handed.)

At weigh in we would be about the 15th team too weigh in and be sitting in 4th place with a 119 point box and with a big line of coolers behind us i could see there were some good Pro Am teams and alot of local sandy guys that trailer in of are out of the creek that can fish like champs i didnt think we were going too hold on and we ended up getting bumped 4 more spots too finish in 8th place over all with some teams i have alot of respect for finishing behind us we felt it was a great team effort and had a good time even with the 5 footer's out of the north ! smoothest run event on the lake just wish they would add a few more :yes: good time's out there for sure and fishing is nothing short of great.

IMG_20120728_00175.jpg elott .Z Capt. John Tommy .B

Good job Jonnie and team,,,, and Thank You Very Much For the offer to stay at yer house.. Casey and I enjoy sleepin in the boat when its cool enuf..Usually he stays asleep for the ride out , Enjoy yer spoons their on us. just call capt cove and cancel order unless ya need more she said she was cool with that and would hang em on the wall..

Ps...he didnt sleep sat i needed a second guy with the bumpy water..We had a good time ,sorry we had to bail early at weigh in wiffy was not feeling good and we came right home...

Yer a good man to offer to share yer pad with us thanks again!!!

Good job Mr. Ross!

thx Rick and you never disapoint come tourny time , thanks for coming too my home port and wooping on me, ill have too motor down too the oak and try and repay you the favor. whens the next tourny down there ?

Good job Jonnie and team,,,, and Thank You Very Much For the offer to stay at yer house.. Casey and I enjoy sleepin in the boat when its cool enuf..Usually he stays asleep for the ride out , Enjoy yer spoons their on us. just call capt cove and cancel order unless ya need more she said she was cool with that and would hang em on the wall..

Ps...he didnt sleep sat i needed a second guy with the bumpy water..We had a good time ,sorry we had to bail early at weigh in wiffy was not feeling good and we came right home...

Yer a good man to offer to share yer pad with us thanks again!!!

thxs for the spoons bud and ur welcome too come up and stay anytime !