Cayuga- Let's compare notes.

Spent Fri Pm Sat- and Sun on Cayuga trolled Myers north to Miliken and Girl Scout Camp to Rocky Dock. We covered alot of water for few fish. We did get two nice landlocks and some small lakers and of coarse the tiny salmon that never trip your releases. But for the time out on the water and our catch rate it was very poor.

I was wondering how other guys are doing? I noticed the surface temp changing 4 to 5 degrees between the three days and a ton on loose weed in the lake. Any help would be appreciated.

John AKA Mower

I haven't spent the time on Cayuga this year compared to others, but I would agree that it's been a poor year. This site has been quieter this year than others, does that indicate success rate?.

I fish through the winter and I'm finding the same thing after the lake cools down.

So is it me or do other fishereman agree? I would like to see other responses, this can be down without giving up secrets!

Ken

Cayuga can get pretty slow at this time of the year. The LL, lakers and browns are gearing for the spawn. But it was pretty decent this weekend according to my neighbor. He took a lot of fish including an 8lb bow. Fishing black and purple spoons down 60 over 100.

RR

Haven't been out in about 10 days myself, I went out of town. Overall though I've had a good year and hope to get back out soon, though I hear it can be spotty around now like RR said. Didn't fish the lake much last fall so I can't say to compare. Frisco, some of the traffic has been diverted to another site, probably what you're noticing, there has been good fishing for lakers anyway most of the summer.

Looking back over my yearly diary, which is tremendously out of date, and moreso from my recollection I had a pretty good year. I usually don't do much in the way of fishing this time of year because it is the grace period I give the wife between fishing and duck season :roll: ;)

I didn't fish a whole ton this year but I managed just as many fish as I had in the past couple of seasons, and on average I would say better quality fish. The shaker LL's were really out of control this year, I don't keep track of the #'s but there were a ton, I'm hopeful this bodes well for the next couple of years.

Outside of a few early trips out of Treman for browns I never left the area between Myers and AES and rarely left the 70 - 150 fow range. Purple/black R&R combinations outshined everything else spoon - wise and accounted for a lot of the bigger LL's & browns as well as a good portion of the lakers. A Stinger Tuxedo a buddy gave me accounted for a bunch of double digit lakers over the course of two or three trips.

I heard some guys talking about a lack of bait but I think I saw more bait this year than in any other season I've been out. During the Salvation Army derby the amount of bait was unreal from Myers north to AES.

DAN

I really didnt fish it much this yr. Three times or so as I recall.Did OK most times out. Ill start fishing it weekends starting tomorrow. One thing I did notice on Cayuga and Ontario is my dodger fly bite has died off. I dont know why awalys used to be my hot setups.

The fish on Cayuga seem to be a bit pickier than they used to be. When you find the right color combo they want you can catch them. Unfortunatelyits awalys a one of a kind spoon. You get all your fish on one rod and the rest of the rods rot in the water. I know during the first day of the Salvation army derby black and purple was the hot ticket. 2nd day it would not fire . The hot color combo turned out to be raspberry and copper on the 2nd day.

I seen more bait on cayuga than Ive ever seen. Probably marked more fish than I ever have.

Ive thought about going back to the seth green rigs but they are just to much work. I like the feeling of a nice rainbow or what ever on a regular rod.

Ill be launching on the S end about 8. Ill be on channel 68.

As last yr Ill post some pictures and a report. If I can get my dam camera download program to come up.

As far as the fish not being there, they are there. If you are not marking them they are either on top or tight to the bottom......

This year I've seen more bait on Cayuga than I've seen in the past five to seven years. Had a week in August that was filled with small lakers,

every morning for about 4 or 5 days I caught 10 to 15 lakers that were about 14 or 15 inches long with no fin clips. We also picked up some real nice browns throughout the year and a few nice bows late in the year.

Also got to fish with and meet alot of people from this board. Looking

forward to taking the LOU-ALL trophy off Rusty Rat's hands next year :lol: . Stix nice to hear from you again you've been pretty quiet,too much work?

All in all a pretty good year.

;) Think Spring ;)

Didn't want to post on this topic without my log book which I pulled out of the boat today......

First of all this was a busy year for me and I got out less than half of the trips I usually do in a season. (14 trips to my usual 30-35 trips). I'm not going to blame it on work.....that is to easy. Lets just say I have 3 new woman in my life... :shock: .

All but 2 of the trips were out of Long Point. First 2 were on the south end and it was pretty sorry so north I went. Best fish taken from my boat was on May 6th by Ken (Huntfrisco)....36" laker, 14 1/2 lbs. Pictures taken and fish released.

My numbers are a little down from last year which was way down from previous years. Most of the lakers were pretty good size though...(24"-29")...a few bigger and a couple smaller. Browns were fair sized, most in the 15" to 20" range. Rainbows were almost non-existant on my boat, 2 @ 16" .. :? ....;( . Salmon were always hitting spoons and a few on flies. Most were in the 15"- 17" range with a few keepers.

So that's about it for me :$ . Not the greatest report but it reflects my effort...... or lack thereof :roll: .

I'm not saying that my season is over now but it doesn't look good and hunting season is underway. I'll post if I get out again.

Jeesh, I've just got one and she's more than a handful already!

That should be enough unless one's a wife, one's a daughter and the other is FISHING... oops evil though coming up... take your three women and go back to Utah! :lol::P :shock: :roll:

.... :arrow: ......2 are twin girls born in June.........my daughter-in-law doesn't like it when I tell her that they are not going to be girly girls.

aVsZCFi.jpg

.......first piece of sporting equipment on the list is a couple Snoopy rods ;)