I'm offering a $1000 Reward for the recovery of 10 St.Croix Legend Tournament & Legend Elite Rods and Reel Combos robbed from my boat at Walmart in Jamestown ,NY yesterday. I'm sick,lost over $4800 of equipment. It had to be a client or someone that knew what I had because they passed on the trolling rods & tackle boxs laying out in the open and only took the new Legend Tourney & Legend Elite Rods.All the Rods have Custom Built For Capt Larry D Jones on them.If anyone has info please call me at 716-432-0198.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sorry to hear that.I had the same thing happen 8 years ago in front of my apartment at the time.The thing was it was a privite complex off the main road.So it was someone who knows me or a groundskeeper.Hope it works out , it did not for me.I did not lose near as much as you though.Good luck the security footage idea is a great idea worth looking into.Nothing worse then a thief.

I parked in the one part of the Walmart parking lot that had no security camera coverage,my luck.Just have to watch eBay and Craig's List for now and hope the person is stupid.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hope they show up somewhere. This sh&^%$ makes me sick. My GPS remote for my minnkota bow mount terrova came up missing out of a tackle box in the doorway here at my house...the day after we had cable installed :@

Yup reported it all the usual crap...all I get is huh. just sickening. I am watching CL too and will pm you if I see rods like yours any where ;)

My wife giggles cause I won't leave the boat unattended in parking lots..too much on the line I tell her.

good luck man

Larry,

Just so I understand what I am looking for...the rods say on them "Custom Built For Capt Larry D Jones", right? I will keep a lookout for them. Hopefully they will turn up and you can catch who stole them!

Wow, Larry...there's some real scumbags in this world. I'll echo your hope that they're stupid and put them on Craigslist. A couple years ago I had a bunch of rods grabbed from the back of my truck. Here's the kicker: three of the rods they took, they only stole either the top or bottom half. Idiots. Now the rods are of no use to anyone. :devil:

Larry.. Sorry to hear this. Seems to be happening a lot more often than it used to. We were out your way the weekend before last fishing out of Barcelona (heard you on the radio). We thought nothing of leaving out gear in the boat at the motel. No more! I'll keep a look out in our area for you just in case. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Wow- sorry bout that, unless they strip down the rods- those decals with your name on it wont come off. Someone will find out something but it may take a little bit of time. I think a choke hold is in order for that person when we find them though.

images.jpg

Larry - sorry to hear this. Your rods are very distinguishable with that custom writing on them so hopefully they turn up. I'd be on the lookout as well for those rods with that writing scratched out, marked over or sanded off in any way.

Wow, Larry, so you're saying that these combos were stowed away and the thieves overlooked the setups you had laying about and took only these? Thus, your suggestion that it must have been a client or someone knowledgeable about your equipment?

Any bad client experiences lately?

I assume that you did file a report with the local PD or Sheriff's Office.

A buddy got hit at the Gander Mtn above Syracuse. Cops told him the thieves work in pairs. One follows you in the store, while the other pilfers your boat. Inside man warns his buddy by cell phone if he sees you heading for the door.

I think in this case, the OP is right probably thinking it was someone who knew him and what gear he had. That's often the case when specific items disappear while others are left. Sadly it probably was a fisherman picking the choice rods.

Hey... I'm no crackhead and I shop Walmart! :D Usually not for fishing equipment, but I do "cherry pick" with all of my retail shopping and sometimes they have good deals on some clearance stuff and Rapalas and small things like that.. But, I digress... That is really too bad about the equipment. I have had fishing stuff ripped off more than once in completely different scenarios. Just don't leave stuff laying out around too much... Even in the "nicest" and most seemingly trusting situations U can get ripped from. This brings to mind the thread a few months back from "bigdaddio" getting ripped for his scout's fishing gear up in Jefferson County....He was ready to throw all of the county overboard on the issue....It is material stuff, however. Hope U can get it back :yes:, or some due justice comes to the thief or thieves :no: !

If it was a local fisherman he will be using it if he isn't a crackhead who pawns them. I would call as many pawn shops in Buffalo/Jamestown area and tell them about theft and your reward. Those are very distinctive rods.... Not that many guys have customs/legend tournaments. Have all your musky and fishing friends pay attention at the boat ramp and eyeball others equipment when launching etc. I know I would have no problem showing my rods to someone that was questioning me about a theft. I have a few custom legends with my name on them. If someone acts squirrly or evasive when asked, write their vehicle and plate number down. It sounds like this person recognized you and followed you knowing what you had in your boat. I work in law enforcement. This is just a guess but usually most crack heads / drug addicts steal electronics , gps / stereos / credit cards etc. If you had long 8ft or longer rods, that is tough to fit in a car. That person likely had a pickup and perhaps a boat behind it. Most non-fisherman don't have a clue what a rod/reel combo would cost. This person has at least some fishing knowledge and likely knows you. If insurance doesn't cover the equipment I think people entering the next Chautaugua Tourneys would gladly pay an extra 10 bucks or so to raise some funds for you to help replace the items this scumbag took. Perhaps a raffle etc. You have done so much to help the fishery that I know others would be glad to help you. I absolutely would donate and I haven't ever met you. But hopefully this dirtbag that stole your equipment will get caught and soon.