Black Lake 10/5-10/6

Well Black lake was good and bad to us! We got down there on Thursday night and heard the fishing was OK at best. GREAT! I have been getting my butt kicked on Conesus this year and now I have to struggle on my little vacation with the guys. The water in the main lake was so green when I threw a rooster with the old yammie it was green! YUCK! Anyway when you got towards each end the water cleared up nicely.

10/5 – So, we blast off and due to the fact we got breakfast the topwater bite was all but on my mind. I grabbed the old go to jip n pig and a purple tube to pitch. I also grabbed a zappu, a shaky head, a senko, a drop-shot, and whatever else I though might get me bit. Well from 7am to 11:30 we were left with one short fish off the drop shot on a green weenie roboworm.

Back on the water around 1am due to the fact we mad some samiches and had to find some DFI oil for the old yammie. Not an easy task in the middle of no-where. LOL Hit the water and head up the north east arm and find some great weeds. I ended up poppin a keeper on a jig and 6 other 13-15â€Â

YT, did you fish the tournament? 3 of my friends did, they have fished it for quite a few years now. I think they finished 36th out like 100-125(?) Let me know next year if you fish the tournament up there and I'll get you guys together. They are good guys.

Nice report Yankee. Only fished that lake one time years ago out of a row boat. Would really like to get back.

I just got back from 5 days in Canada with the guys. Caught a decent amount of fish, but no real big ones. The pike were just nosing at the spinner bait.

Had one drift where I had 3 SM bites, 2 threw the Jig in the air, one broke off. The two I saw were BIG, the other felt better............ It was a good 5 minutes.

Nice report YT......Pretty nice lake, eh? I've fished it a few times and liked It each time. I got too caught up in the salmon gig this year and did almost zero bass fishing. Black is only 15 min from our summer camp, so I really ought to fish it more often. It gets fished heavy....but keeps producing. Decent eye bite there also, from what I've heard.

Rod

Yeah, I got caught up in that salmon stuff too this year! I really miss the bass fishing though. I am having a hard time deciding what I want to do this year? Salmon tourneys are fun, but bass tourney's are a blast to me!

Yeah, I cant wait to go back next year. Its one trip I look forward to every year.