Hot Lure: Spin Doctor and 6" green ITO fly

Trolling Speed: 2.7

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120-150

Lure Depth: 80-110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Somewhat new to Lake Ontario fishing. Started last year and learned everyday from here and our weekend trips. Thank you to everyone who posted reports on here. It has been a great help.

Started Saturday morning a little later than expected but it was a great time. Started at the dock getting the poles out and listening to the radio that "It is a tough morning" "We had one release" "Alot rougher out here than we expected". My girlfriend responded by stating her concerns of getting sick. I convinced her that we won't go far out. We ran North 6 miles from the pond and trolled South with the wind. Thanks to the Fishhawk td we set everything around the good temps. Set the downriggers at 75' and 85', starting setting the dipsys and a release,,, grabbed the pole and gave it to her to reel in. A few minutes later it had run 90' and she was struggling. She kept fighting it as I let out the copper and the other dipsy. We got it boated and it was a 25lb 8 ounce king. Just as we put it in the box the dipsy fired. Ended up being a 14 lb 12 ounce laker. Took a picture and set him back. After a while with no releases we decided to turn back where we started. After 20 minutes the copper takes off, it was about an 8 lb brown, then the 6" ITO fly releases again,, grab the pole and give it to her as I had to keep the boat straight going into the waves. After 10 minutes the fish had her screaming I can't bring it in. It ended up being a 30lb 4 ounce King. The biggest we have ever landed. Everything after that was a blast. We went out Sunday morning early and ran another mile farther North. Same Story, except she got pretty sick with the waves so we headed in early

100_MEDIA36_IMAG0239_001.jpg

laker

100_MEDIA36_IMAG0256_001.jpg

30 lb King

100_MEDIA36_IMAG0255_001.jpg

25lb King

100_MEDIA36_IMAG0258_001.jpg

24 lb King

Is the channel marked pretty well heading into the lake from the pond? We'll be there in 3 long weeks and are staying just south of the ponds. Thinking of renting a slip at a marina instead of trailering to Mexico point, depending on where the better fishing is of course.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Is the channel marked pretty well heading into the lake from the pond? We'll be there in 3 long weeks and are staying just south of the ponds. Thinking of renting a slip at a marina instead of trailering to Mexico point, depending on where the better fishing is of course.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The channel is marked well as they have been dredging the channel the last few weeks. Have not had a problem getting in or out as long as I run behind the island. Hope that helps.