Slime...

Woody5442

I just pulled my boat out of the water from Pultneyville. I was told that you need to get to the car wash to get the slime off befor it dries or it will turn into cement and you will never get it off. Went to the carwash in williamson and cant get the slime to come off. By the time I got it home in Walworth the crap was dried on, what do I do now? Took my power washer and tried to get the crap off but the bottem is stained need some help form the allmighty LOU people.

Woody5442

Get some Slimy Grimy and apply as directed. Plain and simple it's the best stuff going. It's also environmently very safe. Will loosen up that dried stuff if applied correctly with a garden sprayer then just pressure wash. Won't damage your trailer either.

Glen

When I worked at a marina, we used to use muratic acid (for pools), it works good but is nasty to use. Put it in a spray bottle, spray it on let soak, presure wash it off. It ussally worked better if the boat was dry. Don't breath the fumes, wear gloves, have extra spray bottles, as it will eat the spray mechinisms up. Probably do it on driveway also, throuhly wash drive to dillute when finished, might kill the lawn, I don't know.

I used a product called on and off made by mary kate , I bought it at west marine. wet the boat down. take a soft brush and apply, wait a few seacond and rinse off with a garden hose. It takes off all the slime and every stain. I'm sure it's muratic acid but it didn't seem as strong.

I thought the On-off worked a little better than Slimy grimy. With On- off you still want gloves goggles, pretty strong stuff.... Another one to try and cheap....The Dollar store has a bathroom product called "The Works", for a buck how can you lose. Also I bought a cheap roller and pan. Put the roller on a old broom handle and go to town. Throw it out after your done

Have fun.... :?

• 4 weeks later...