Fishing out of the Sandy Ponds.

I asked the same question in another thread about the channel. Supposedly marked well as long as you run behind the island? We'll be there Aug 18-25 and staying just off the south pond and it would be nice to slip the boat in the north pond somewhere instead of trailering to Mexico.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I've been staying on the South Pond for the last 2 weeks . The creek between the ponds is a challenge , but once on the N . Pond it's fine . You must go around Carl Island and pay attention to the bouys but the inlet is navigable for boats in the 28 ft class. If water levels continue to fall things may change . Fishing is hit or miss on Bay . Marking pods of fish laying on the bottom . Things can only get better in the next weeks .

Our boat needs 30inches of water at least to get through. We went around the island and watched people go between the shore and the closest buoy to the shore. We tried but got stuck for 2 and a half hours and had our buddy tow us out. It screws up your whole day. Oh well. Hey snowfall, I'll be there those days LOCing it on the lake. See you around. ;)

Jared , 30 inches is out of the question . There is 18 to 20 inches in that channel . One thing I didn't mention , there are 2 bleach jug bouys just to the right of the channel going to sea , or the green bouy . Stay in the channel as they mark a rock the size of Gibralter that is about 1 inch below the surface . Be especially careful comuing in at dark , hitting that puppy would spoil your whole season .

you may have been a month early for your boat. i read an article that they aren't allowed to start dredging until early July because of some bird that nests in the area? they got a variance on the permit and dredged in early June because of the especially poor inlet conditions and no signs of said bird. See you around Jared. If you don't catch us at the scale I'm sure you'll see me walking around the pond with my favorite beverage letting my three little people run wild. good luck.

nick