Cannon Mag 10 HS

Hi, I’m brand new to the sight and new to Ontario Lake. I was able to get up there a few times recently and I’m looking forward to next year now that I have the boat and the equipment to go after the fish. The question I have is about the Cannon Mag 10 HS. Am I the only one who thinks the switches are nuts to work with?? All four of mine descend just fine and are easy to control (stop on the down cycle) but try to try move them up 10 feet then stop them seems almost impossible with the hair trigger on them and the speed. When I start them up they don’t want to stop until they hit the short stop or I just reverse it to the descent.

They are otherwise great and are quick. It’s not just one but all four of mine so I’m sure its not a defect. I called Cannon and all I got was “yea they are a little touchy but this is first complaint we got!!â€Â

First off Im the only person who is allowed to use Yankee in thier name! So lets get that straight! :lol:

I havent played with the new 10HS, but I think Billy V has them and he loves them. I switched to Scotties, and to be honest with you I dont think I could ever go back to a cannon. But the white ones do look cool! There isnt a rigger out there that can let me rig as fast as I can with a scotty.

I do have the new Mag 10HS and I love them. It takes a bit of getting used to how fast they are, but once you do, you'll never want to go back to anything else that's slower. I can easily bump my riggers up just a foot or two and they definitely aren't a "jumpy" as the Scotty's I used to have. Give it some time and you'll adjust to how fast they are and then it'll just seem like normal to you. Took us some time too coming from slower riggers.

As Billy noted you will get used to it. It took me some time as well. When raising, I usually stop it a foot above my intended depth and then drop it the foot after it has stopped. I do love the speed for the big lake. It is a little to fast for my home lakes (Cape Cod) when we only troll down 35 feet in the summer for the trout.

Richard

First off Im the only person who is allowed to use Yankee in thier name! So lets get that straight! :lol:

Thanks guys for the feed back. I guess I’ll have all winter to think about it!! My apologies to the “Yankee Trollerâ€Â

Ray .. anyone who does not like the red sox is Ok in my book :D !!! and "troller" I guessed (hoped!!) you were kdding .. so was I. But I'm the rookie out here (and on the big pond!) and since this is a fishing site I'm thinking its better to be a "troller" then a "clipper" !!

Mark