New fishing invention

I know for a fact that fishermen are always thinking of better ways to catch fish. Anyone come up with an invention that they would like to share with us? Not like a new fly or lure color (anyone can do that). Something that nobody has thought of. Pictures would be great!

Im not a surf fisherman but I was at the beach last weekend and saw 2 kids surf fishing and they couldnt really get a good cast

I thought if you had a kite with a planner board release you could fly the kite out then pull the line free and get your bait out a long ways

but you would have to have an off shore wind

I have had what I think is a pretty novel idea for a spoon for a while, you would take a typical trolling spoon and stamp the shape, then bend the spoon into an S-curve and properly tune the top and bottom edges of spoon to offset the force of the water to keep the spoon from doing the typical wobble. If done properly the spoon should theoretically travel straight forward, without flipping over, in an exaggerated S pattern, like a swimming fish. This way the lateral line of the salmon is stimulated in a natural way and the pattern on the spoon is exposed horizontally 100% of the time. I have never tried to make it cause I just don't have access to proper materials. I think it would be huge. Side note if anyone wants to help me create this please do. Other side note this is intellectual property of me! ( In case this becomes big :))

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Im not a surf fisherman but I was at the beach last weekend and saw 2 kids surf fishing and they couldnt really get a good cast

I thought if you had a kite with a planner board release you could fly the kite out then pull the line free and get your bait out a long ways

but you would have to have an off shore wind

I've seen pictures of them using Radio controlled boats for this. on some of the bigger lakes with dams on the west coast and the south. They'll put live mice on the hook and set them on the boat with the line fastened to a clothes pin, when it gets to the desired spot, give the line a jerk and the mouse is in the water. run the boat back to shore and wait. Used for big cats in the southern states to get close to the breast of the dams, as some you have to stay back a certain distance.

I was thinking about a motor driven connection to a rod holder that would "jig" a spoon or plug as it was being trolled. Just a sweeping motion that would rip the lure forward and then slowly back it up. I was considering using a winshield washer motor. After some research, I found that they do have ones that will vertical jig lures off of the side of the boat.

Hey Big Water...that already exists and I have three of them along with the planer board that does the same thing. It's a g2 jigger and you can see them at http://www.cut2spec.com

I would post pics but they are In my boat at the lake. They are crazy well engineered and really work well! Maybe one of these days they will get a more informative website put together....but I can tell you that the g2 may look goofy, but it's one well engineered piece of equipment. The prop turns gears and retrieves the line with the release attached to it...then drops it back and does it again...and again.

Hey Big Water...that already exists and I have three of them along with the planer board that does the same thing. It's a g2 jigger and you can see them at http://www.cut2spec.com

I would post pics but they are In my boat at the lake. They are crazy well engineered and really work well! Maybe one of these days they will get a more informative website put together....but I can tell you that the g2 may look goofy, but it's one well engineered piece of equipment. The prop turns gears and retrieves the line with the release attached to it...then drops it back and does it again...and again.

Another type made some years back was called the DOWNJIGGER