Irondequoit 10/10

Time Out

Fished the bay today and ended up with about 50(3 guys) 9"-13" perch. Only had about 20 throw backs. Wasnt very fast, but steady. Tried fishing some of my favorite areas, but around the buoys was the place to be. There were about 15 boats there. Fished with minnows and jigs. If you want to fish give the bays a shot. 5'-20' along drop offs or weed beds and you'll get them. Taste so much better than the salmon and a lot cheaper to catch, but I wont be fishin for them come April.

Jeff

I started fishing the bay late Aug.-Sept., the fishing was very good for about three weeks then it slowed up. the only place we could get perch was around the buoys. They weren't in the rest of the bay. The old honey holes were dead. I thing the main school is still in the lake.(eating gobes).

WW IV, Same here. the rest of the bay is perchless. Last weekend by myself I got 30 and this past sat. am w/ one other guy we got 73. All were in 5 fow east of the markers. Slip bobbers w/ fathead and orange jighead.

ScottB, Last time out About two weeks ago I made the rounds on the bay and didn't do anything.Fished the buoys a little while, got about eight keepers on jigs and fatheads in 6-8fow. Glad you did well Sat. I'm going to give it a try during the week but then I've got to get some meat in the freezer with the bow. I hope the perch are not on a decline,we've had over 10 years off good perch fishing. Good luck and good fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....10/22....BEAUTIFUL evening. I sailed right past the 2 dozen boats all huddled around the buoys doing the perch thing on the way to my spot. I hope they did better than me. I'm all about the 'eyes myself. Nice 24"er on my second cast. Nothing for the next hour and a half. A quick bay outing and a gorgeous night just the same.