B.O.A.T

lakebound88

AMEN to that... LOL! I lost out on over 6 trips last month due to the failure of my ignition system... Every little but helps!! Besides us FLX guys are paying 4.98 a gallon for fuel.... CRUNCH!! :@

I bought my B.O.A.T. in Oct. of 2010. The week after I signed the papers I got laid off from work. No warning, nothing...The B.O.A.T. needed work but I kept getting laid off and was only working part time so it sat in my driveway all last year. I tried one time to get out on the big lake but, guess what, it broke down and never got out. So I patiently worked on it when I could with as little money as possible.

Well now fast forward to 2012 and now this year I can't get a day off to save my sorry soul!. And FINALLY got it on the water over the July 4th weekend 2012 I took it out on a small local lake and actually got the first trouble free trip on it, ever. But of course for some reason life is either feast or famine so I worked every day (weekends,too) until this week and had to fight tooth and claw to get a weeks vacation, this week. Getting stuff around to leave tomorrow and Yep, battery dead!!! WOW. Just WOW. I've got thousands into the B.O.A.T. and still putting money in it and it's still setting in my driveway. I'm about this far from experiencing my other happy moment of ownership and selling the POS.

its pretty easy to find mercruiser parts used. also Teds Electric Co. rebuilds MARINE starters and alternators and carbeuretors for a little over 100 bucks each and does a great job. ive found a few ways to bend the "break out another thousand" rule. knowing what your doing, and doing your own labor saves a bundle.