Power Pro with dipsey divers

I have question about Power Pro. I just switched to 50# PP for my dipsey rods. I hooked up on two different rods six times this am and lost every fish. Spin Doctor and fly. Is it because I'm trying to stop them too fast. I had no problem with mono but I think I'm ripping the hooks out with PP. what is the proper technique when I hook up on dipsey with the PP? Let them run? Will snubbers help? Any advice is appreciated.

Wish I had an answer for you.

I have 2 each of wire, 50lb power pro and mono divers, and my wire divers rock every time, but regarding my power pro divers, not only do they get far fewer bites, most of them are hit and runs or lost fish. I don't understand why. I have the drags set the same as the wires, just barely holding in place when trolling but seldom ever get a good hookup with the braid. It's very frustrating.

Tim

Wire and braid has no give. Mono has too much give, that's why it sucks on dipseys.

You can't drag them out of the water with wire and braid - yes you can rip the hook right out of the mouth. Drag must be set to provide some resistance but must allow them to run as well. You want to be able to pull the line off the reel with one hand with a firm grip.

Check your knots as well. What are you using?

Also what about your rod - it is also a shock absorber - what are you using?

sharpen ur hooks or change them out too single's and try adding a few more beeds on ur flys to let the hooks hang back alittle more to get the hooks alittle deeper. We run power pro and wire and hook ups are super but i did have ur problem years ago and this is now time of the year too start running snubbers when fishing for the bigger kings that bit and brake off leaders, hope this helps ya out.

You must be aware of the drag exerted by the belly of the line in the water. Also the drag of the dipsey itself being pulled around by a screaming KIng. Loosen your reel drag more for these additions. Clear all your other lines and take the boat out of gear to have a chance at the big fish.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If you are slow to the rod you will loose wire and braid fish, get there give them some thumb then loosen up and let them run. That said, I have had days where we loose lots of fish on the dipsys and then the next day we catch 100%, my advice is to keep fishing, get more time out there and don't ever JERK your rod!!

You guys are awesome with the advice. I will try setting the drag just enough so that it does not creep too much while trolling and let them make their run before starting to bring them to the boat. I will double check my release tension and get it as light as i can Thanks all.