Conesus Pike report

Fished Conesus last Friday with a buddy from Hawaii. Casted along the weedlines for a couple hours with only a couple of follows. Decided to start trolling and nailed a 42" Northern on a point. The fish came in 22 FOW. The pig took a Bomber Long A deep diver in firetiger. I will post the pictures when my buddy emails them to me.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here we go! There is always two sides to the story. You can go out and run around at 60mph making 1000 cast to flip a LM into the boat. Or you can troll around pulling metal waiting for a Salmon to bite. Both have there down times, both have thier exciting times, and both are fun to do! Maybe you guys just need to be cultured some more. Narrow minded thinking isnt healthy.

By the way......I want one of them 40" ers on my wall after this years ice fishing season! The keep eluding me.

Rick,

I don't hog all the flags. My tipups are the only ones going. The guys I fish with are lazy and will not switch over to floro carbon instead of steel leaders. On Conesus, the florocarbon leaders has increased my numbers big time. Last winter, we fished the Avon Anglers Tourney. We had 40 tip ups out in our group. I had the only 5 with floro instead of steel and I caught the only 3 fish of the day (2 pike and 1 tiger musky).

Same thing goes with Honeoye, light floro out fishes regular mono everytime. I have a new job so I have more weekends off now.

Tom,

You are more than welcome to join us on the ice. We are going to turn Jax into an icefisherman this winter. And yes, I do fish lakers through the ice. A 10 lb. laker on a medium action jigging rod is awesome.