Salmon Strikes! - Downrigger Footage

these vids always surprise me how many swing and misses we have and never know it

Many more misses that we recorded that weren't included in this video. Also many long follows. Interestingly enough the only day we were skunked this season was the day we had the most activity underwater. Constant followers and near misses with a couple of knock-offs.

So you where useing thoes new undwatet housings they make? When you say 2, are you referring to the 3D case they make?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Yes HomeOffice, we were using GoPro 2's in the new GoPro dive housings. The '2' just refers to the second edition of the camera not the housing.

Thanks for responding!

I was looking to get one of those housings but wasn't sure how it would track on the rigger weight, I run 15# sharks, can you please tell me how you configured this to track straight in order to catch the video. All so, how far off the ball was your tackle 5,10,15,20 ft back? and how deep was that video taken? I really want to get one, but have to justified the expense, if you had to spend hours of testing and different ways to configure in order to capture this, I just might have to pass. Any and all hep would really be appreciated. I also noticed that you took some still photos, how was that done?

Thanks again for responding. :yes:

Thanks for responding!

I was looking to get one of those housings but wasn't sure how it would track on the rigger weight, I run 15# sharks, can you please tell me how you configured this to track straight in order to catch the video. All so, how far off the ball was your tackle 5,10,15,20 ft back? and how deep was that video taken? I really want to get one, but have to justified the expense, if you had to spend hours of testing and different ways to configure in order to capture this, I just might have to pass. Any and all hep would really be appreciated. I also noticed that you took some still photos, how was that done?

Thanks again for responding. :yes:

Hi HomeOffice - we had the cameras mounted on 9 pound hammered balls (fish shaped, silver). It took quite a bit of adjustment to get the angle of the camera right to catch the bait and it took a bit of editing to get some of the deeper images cleaned up afterwards. The footage was taken between 80 and 110 feet and the baits had to be within 3 feet of the ball to catch them and the followers on on video.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Alan