Bluebill Hunters Jumping For Joy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lake ontario was not good for bluebills last year.Alot of guys are now using the layout boats and are doing the best.My feeling is the feds buckeled under by the boat manufacturers of these rigs and raised the limits.You can spend a fortune with a big diver rig with layout boats added.

I completely disagree.....Lake Ontario has not really been holding divers for a few years now....how come other parts of the state (on normal temp seasons) have giant flocks set up and feeding, however the lake seems to be more of a highway? I've witnessed this on several bodies of water throughout the state...I would be willing to bet there is some issues with food sources and the Scaup. The fingerlakes don't seem to have a lack of birds....again I say this on a normal weather season....

My feeling is the population is up ...as predicted....I find it hard to believe that Bankes( candian company) duck water or Lund would have any political clout with the Feds.....as you mention those custom boats are very expensive and with this economy, I doubt the orders are flying in.....

Obviously this is my opinion...and we all know what opinions are like.....lmao......

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Really ????? you think the federal government is control by big buisness... :lol::lol::lol: I don't think that a few boat manufactures have the money to sway the USFG commision. The habitat for us in western NY is not that good for this species of waterfowl. Yes we have good years but .... (2005 Braddocks had thousands of them) the people in charge of setting a bag limits can't look at 1 flyway and set the regs to that.

Yes, this my opinion .... everyones got one, some just smell worst than others :rofl::rofl::rofl: