Oak questions

Where is a good place to weigh in fish for the LOC derby when fishing the oak?

If not staying at Four C's where is a good place to clean fish at the oak? I am not sure if there is a public cleaning station in the area.

Just like Poverty Stricken said about the weigh in locations.

For the cleaning, Captains Cove didnt really want cleaning done there if you werent staying there, doesnt hurt to ask though. If you stay at 4 C's they have a cleaning station but you must take all waste with you when you leave which is a royal PITA. Easiest to clean fish on the boat.

There is a nice cleaning station at the Marine park under the bridges. Go in the park and head north past the Sheriffs station in the chain link caged in area. It has a lock on it sometimes, so see the park office or maybe the sheriffs office for the key. I found it locked the other day and couldn't find anyone. Seems some people cant remember to shut off the water is the reason I found out. best if you have your own cleaning board though, since it's only a 2x8 for cleaning on, but the grinder is working to get rid of waste.

If you use the cleaning station please make sure your fish are ground up before leaving. We used it late yesterday and found the grinder was not cleared. It took about an hour to get someone else's mess cleaned up.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png