Jigs for Sale

Guys.. These jig heads are the best I have ever seen for lake trout jigging, Honestly, nothing comes close. Alec I still have one or two left from the old days.. I would like to hook up before long and buy 8 or 10 of them... I work in Ithaca and we can hook up one day when you are in town.. bob

Wow, thanks Bob! Good to hear you're also back on the water this year. I'll PM you.

idn713, I do take Paypal and the website (second link in signature) will also do regular credit cards via Paypal, when you go to check out it takes you to the Paypal site and there is an option for a credit card. I can also try to meet you in Ithaca sometime though I'm only in town a few days a week. I can't deliver too far as it's just too much in gas but I'll do what I can for you guys. I know the shipping sounds like a lot but it's better than most places. Thanks all.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in 8) on the quality & workmanship on Alec's jigs, :yes: I picked up some & I dare anybody to gather up some jigs out of my jig box, the quality of hooks Alec uses & the 1 ounce weight is more than enough to puncture skin & start the travel of the small barb home. :o The "guru of jigging" :lol: (Alec aka Hermit) says he uses his product plain...........I couldn't resist adding some confidence colors, the ones pictured here are all powdered coated with super glow Pro-Tec powder paint, the picture of the two jigs by themselves with the "glow eyes" are to show the UV powder coat, pictures were taken outside. THANKS ALEC !

100_6021.jpg

100_6022.jpg

Thanks for all the recs everyone, very much appreciated. Hope the business is successful enough to keep going and growing too. Thanks to those who have ordered some as well. :yes:

Marty those look great, you have a better hand with the powder paint than I do, that's for sure. I think I'm going to go with vinyl paint but I need to set up a hood, the fumes from that stuff are mighty strong. Going to go with white and green glow chartreuse, bringing black in soon.

Yeah I usually fish them plain but sometimes variety makes me feel better about not catching any on a tough day. But please- I'm no guru of anything except maybe a keyboard, lots of guys get it done out there. (Insert eye roll smiley here)

Alec I have a old ex-fan in the barn at home....... would trade it for jigs if your interested ........it has a 3 piont plug on the end.......was going to use it when I was thinking about making 12# cannon balls but with the barn door open we had plenty on air movement so it just sits there...

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to make bucktails with any jig there are online fly shops and other online tackle suppliers like Janns Netcraft, or Bass Pro in Auburn in the fly shop section.

If fishing lakers I'd really recommend using the soft plastics though, the lakers prefer them and you'll most likely catch more fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just an update to say I've added some new products this week:

Minnow head jigs on heavy wire Mustad Ultrapoint 32786BLN black nickel hooks, in 1 and 1.5 oz.

Ear Ball jigs, sizes 1 and (almost) 1.5 oz. These are stamped 40 grams or 1.44 oz. I want to weigh one to see if the eyes bring it to 1.5 oz.

And I'm excited to say I now have a good selection of Lunker City brand soft plastics, all in great lake trout colors. Shakers, Swimfish, and Fin-S-Fish (Flukes). 8)

That's it for advertising from me this year, I'd like to keep pleasure separate from business even though they overlap a lot in this case! (I will of course be happy to answer any questions.)

Thanks everyone for your support, it's highly appreciated! Can't say enough good things here so just "THANK YOU!" :yes: