Trolling at Night

Ive never had much success after sundown, some say they have had limited success....Unless its yer only time ya got i might save my gas...if ya live right on the lake give it a try. MAKE shure yer 100% familure with your port of departure if yer Gps fails all the lights start lookin the same 2 miles offshore,any moter problems and their ant many boats to help,also some of those go fast boats tend to let loose after dark between bar stops tho they seldom go far off shore. But ive spent many a clear,no moon night 2 to 3 miles off shore just enjoying the stars and quiet air ,,no wind of course...

You should have a GPS working as stated. Don't go to full power as you will not see debris in the water. Nobody is out there to help you so be self sufficient with safety equipment. Wear a PFD. Never had any luck after sundown, however, fish are on the move. Try after 10:30 pm. The graph comes alive with fish. Fish higher in the water, even out of temp in 60 degree water. Full moon helps. Glow stuff....spoons, and flasher/flies.

Welcome to site cs. I think I'd put on a PFD rather than wear an adobe file. ;)

It's very difficult to see any boats on the shoreward side of you due to the shore lights. Please be careful.

Tom B.

(LongLine)