Fair Haven Challenge

O.K. guys. The Little Salmon River Challenge is over; it is time to start thinking about the Fair Haven Challenge. The Challenge this year is August, 25th. The fishing is shaping up and so are the prizes. We have a special raffle this year for one of two Navonics charts along with the regular raffle table. There is also a prize for the last place team to weigh in fish. So if you only catch one fish, please come to the weigh in. It is a great time to talk about the day, tell a few stories, have something to eat, and maybe go home with a little something extra.

I will post a list of raffle sponsors the end of this week or the beginning of next.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

I believe you gan get tickets till closing on Friday. Screwies phone number is (315) 947-6348 to confirm and find out their hours of opperation for that day.

O.K. Guy's, Here is the list of sponcers that I said I would post

Dreamweaver

Great Lakes Angler Magazine

Jann's net craft

Reef Runner

Knockout lures

Denny's Diamond Sharpeners

Shakespeare electronics

M C Rockets

Mike's eye flies

A-TOM-MIC

Captain Dan Keating

Navonic's

Captain Rich Demong of NY Guide Service has provided a youth prize of a drift trip for two will be raffled off to a pre registered youth for this event.

Awesome!! Rich is top notch!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

There was no score board up when I was in the tent, but there were plenty of people with a full six fish box.

The youth prize was won by a girl who reeled in a 27 pound plus king.

What I like most about the East end triple crown fishing event is the family atmosphere with lots of attention paid to the young participants. One father and son team came late for weigh in, however the judges took one look at the son and instantly decided to be flexible with the rules because they felt that no kid should be left out and they did weigh the catch. (the team had only 2 fish) The general feeling in the tent is one of friends meeting each other while the competition is almost an afterthought.

I will be there again next year.

I hope all had a good time at the event. When the final list is published I am sure some one will post it. My famile had a great time. I brought my 11 year old nephew this year. He caught his first salmon which was a twenty pounder. I just returned home and he is already planing to go back if I will take him. We all know the answer to that one. What a great time to have a young first timer and to see the excitement in his face and actions.

Thank you Werner and his wife Tony for putting on a great event.

Already looking forward to next year.