kayak disturbance

Hey guys. I need help figuring out an issue. A kayak is paddling inside a no boat marker. Is this breaking the law? If so, in what way? I can not find where a kayak is considered a vessel or boat and needs to abide by this specific no boat marker... Anyone want to chime in?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Guess it depends on why the marker is their , in the keys their are restricted areas for moters but ya can paddle their,if its a swimmin area no they shouldnt be their, if its a "power plant " or gov . restricted area ,get yer video camera ready,and see if the sharpshooter picks em off clean with one shot..

Good Question Nick. I am thinking that all boaters must follow the general laws. It is kinda like how bicycles stop at stop signs. :@

I couldn't find anything in the NYS boaters manual but I pulled this off the Coast Guard site.

â– Vessel includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water.

How often do you see somebody get a ticket for using a battery operated motor on an unregistered canoe? I don't think they care that much. I could be wrong. IMO It seems that kayaks are the waterways version of the bicycle. If you run over them get ready to pay, but don't make them follow the laws. But like Ray said, tresspassing around a nuke plant or Government installation is completely different.

I almost got a ticket once for running an electric trolling motor but like you said I don't think it's a high priority for them.

Had no idea I needed to register the boat, it's a 10' plastic Coleman Crawdad jon boat. DEC officer was nice and let me go with a warning but said if he saw me again he'd give me the ticket. I never took it out again w/ the motor as I'd also have to get a new title and didn't want to bother with the paperwork. For what I was doing oars were fine.