Wish List for 2008 Season

Billy V

What new toys are on your wish list for the 2008 Fishing season?

I'll start....

Furuno FCV-585 Fish Finder

Furuno color radar

New GPS/Chartplotter

Two or three new Copper rigs

I could go on and on, but that'll about do to get things started!

I'm thinking an underwater camera/monitor/recorder. Basically so I can really tell if those beasties that hang out in 60-90 ft are really BTs, sheapshead, or just big freeking guppies that won't hit my spread. :roll:

:):):)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

1. I would like to upgrade to a color GPS this year.

Billy I want to talk to you about your choice of GPS. I was also looking at that one.I will PM you sometime this week.

2. Put 2 more riggers on the boat which means I need longer tracks running down the sides of the boat.

3.A couple more line counters would be nice also.

4.This is a long time away but an Auto pilot this is a big $$ item but some day I will have one.

Other than that I'm good to go.

A 33' tiara thats good on gas and is trailerable! :?

I think if I were to put any more chit on my rig it would sink, but I know come spring im gonna need something! I may try to run a second DR display on the bridge this year.

1. I would like to upgrade to a color GPS this year.

Billy I want to talk to you about your choice of GPS. I was also looking at that one.I will PM you sometime this week.

Erby,

I was going to go with the Lowrance 5200c, but I found that Eagle IntelliMap 500c at Cabela's in PA for a crazy cheap price in the Bargain Cave. The Lowrance has a better pixel count, so it has better screen clarity and a really sharp picture. It retails for about $50 more than the Eagle, but I found that Eagle for $350 less than the Lowrance so I couldn't turn it down (I lucked into an un-opened returned item and got it for $150!). I had that same Eagle on my last boat and really liked it so it was a no-brainer for me. I know the Lowrance/Eagle menu's like the back of my hand and I've always been a fan of their GPS/Chartplotters. Plus, that gave me the extra coin I needed to get into that 585....

:lol::lol:

How about a Raymarine C120 bundle? any one have any experince? Currently have a 750 and it has been flawless and has some great features. Don't see much about Raymarine products on the site. Too pricey? Or? Is somthing easier to use?

The C120 is an awesome unit and I looked long and hard at it. But I decided to go with individual FF, GPS, and Radar units rather than have them all on one screen. That way I can update individual units whenever I want rather than having to do it all at the same time. I have friends that own the C120 and they like it other than having a bit of difficulty navigating back and forth between functions on the FF & GPS. With individual units if one of my screens goes down, I only lose that one function. If the C120 goes down you've lost everything.

I'll start....

Furuno color radar

New GPS/Chartplotter

Bill whats the matter with the radar you have? I rigged it when it was new and it has no time on it to speak of.

If you do decide to go color let me kn as I would be interested in that one.

I'll start....

Furuno color radar

New GPS/Chartplotter

Bill whats the matter with the radar you have? I rigged it when it was new and it has no time on it to speak of.

If you do decide to go color let me kn as I would be interested in that one.

Nothings wrong with it Hank. I just don't like the big CRT monitor. It's hard to see in the sunlight. And the new radars will show electrical strikes, which I can't seem to be able to pick up with this one (maybe I need to spend some time with the owners manual!). Radar is prolly a project for NEXT off-season anyway. I've already spent too much on electronics this fall! But if I replace it before then you'll get the first call from me.

And no Yankee, I don't have too much money to spend. I just have my priorites straight!

2008 shouldn't be too bad.....

Boat I looked at was very nice, but I decided no more i/o's;

so that saved a bunch of cash for now.....unless the o/b version

pops up!

Otherwise, upgrading more of the old rods/reels to the Okuma

Blue diamond rods I ran this year.

New seat cushions on the 2 cockpit swivel seats.

And of course, I'm sure there will be more tackle in there somewhere!

John

And hopefully a few more clients!

Billy I can't belive the luck you had on that GPS I would have jumped on that also I like lowrance stuff also I have used it sence 1980 My 620 is the first time I didn't buy Lowrance I am also looking at a 5200 series if you ever come across any thing like that again let me know I don't have any of those places near me yet ;( I have a 4800 Gps I'm going to get ride of this winter I also need the new navonics chip the one I have doesn't have the Bar area of the lake.

Yankee It great to see you and Billy getting along just as allways :lol::lol: It will help pass the winter time :P

Yeah, I'll look if there are any other nice gps units in the bargin bin...thanks for the tip Bill. I'm only 45 min from Cabelas, and I need to run there for a smoker anyway.

I never visit Cabelas without checking out the bargin bin. But It's kinda like me and Ebay, I'm weak and can't pass on a good deal, so I end up buying something I don't need just cause It's cheap.

I did pick up two Diawa Sealine reels in the bargin bin this past summer, and they worked great for our 600 and 500 copper setups. Think I paid 100 bucks each.

Rod

Dad is moving and taking the boat with him, so my wish list consists of anything that will float.....

Mike,

Take a look at the '75 Crestliner in the "for sale" section. It is a little rough and needs the interior redone. However, it is solid and it ran fine when stored 6-7 years ago .... plus it has a 28' trailer

I'm just trying to help out a friend who can't use it anymore find a home for it.

If you're not interested, that's fine too.... Just thought I'd point it out.

Dick