Dipsey Diver Question ???

I'm not sure that all downrigger rod holders would take the pressure? Depends on the rigger and rod holder, I'd say.

I second that.......my concern would be a solid king hit might break it out or rip it right out of the rod holder. My gunwhale angle and made for diver rod, rod holders keep it secure enough for me to not worry, but If I put it in my cannon rod holders, I would probably back the drag way off and use a rubber band from wire to reel handle to allow you to use less drag, so when the fish hits, it pulls line, not the rod as much. My two cents

Thank you guys for the input . My biggest question with using a downrigger rod holder, the tip of the rod would be pointing upwards and if that would effect anything ? I got angler pal rod holders for board fishing and i know they wont hold em . If this dont work out i could always mount a couple for dipseys but wondered if i could get around that .

I did as Ray stated. Ran them in my cannons for three years before I saved enough for the holders. You will want to lessen the drags as you stated, eventhough I only did the rubber band thing once. I prefured to just let them creap out 20 feet or so and every half hour bring them back to the original possition.

You can play around with your dipseys at times when things are slow. Let them out deeper, slowly pull them up, trip them and float them to the surface when you pass over a group of large suspended fish. Things happen when you change the presentations.