Starcraft

I'm still in break in mode so I can't estimate gas mileage and oil consumption but it runs fantastic. Loving the Etec motors in my boat & sled!

i thought evinrude advertised there was no break in period?

Just saw this...There is no break in period that the driver has to worry about. There is a break in period that the motor itself goes through. It uses more oil during this period. Not sure how it works but its supposedly all done on its own and there are no real limits on how you drive during this period.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I keep driving kgone nuts with my preference towards tin, and big tin. Its decent on gas, and offers a ton of safety, a key item in my mind. I am not running 40 MPH in 2 to 3 footers. I am doing better than high teens though. Never once have I felt at a disadvantage to the elements. Or have I experienced loose screws and bolts.

Now, I have bailed on a few fish catching situation sensing the eminent storm. When it snows in buffalo, I get up an hour early to get to work on time. So my execution is sometimes lacking, but my timing is right on.

That being said between Kgone and Gavin, I have been spending a lot of time in a ranger 621. If I go glass, its gonna be a ranger 621 (or if I find one with low hours and close to mint, a 1895 Storm Single Console with the 225 Optimax). That chine is fine!

Downside its 21foot long and has a wide ass, not the best smaller water rig. Trailering aint bad, but its work and its not cheap (ram gets 7mph).

I think its time for a second boat! HA... a nice 18 foot late model lund pro v.

Those Ranger 621s are sweet....eye'n em for a while. We saw one at the launch the other day and the wife fell in love with it...tell she heard 30k+ for a USED one. Awesome boat, but certainly not inexpensive. Get what ya pay for.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Those Ranger 621s are sweet....eye'n em for a while. We saw one at the launch the other day and the wife fell in love with it...tell she heard 30k+ for a USED one. Awesome boat, but certainly not inexpensive. Get what ya pay for.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

I'm on my 2nd one, used first then ordered a brand new one. I love it, dry, fast, trolls like a dream, storage galore, just doesn't troll into big water due to the low bow. They redesigned the hulls in 2010 and they are MUCH better. They don't look like much and I get laughed at when I take it to Ontario but they have no idea what they are capable of on big water, they will shock you, you should see the look on peoples faces when I pass 22-25 fters :lol: