Un happy with Ugly Sticks

Hey...since some of you guys love em so much, I got two for sale cheap ;) I really had no problems with ugly sticks till this season. I started setting my releases very tight this season when king fishing, and apparently the Ugly Sticks couldn't handle the stress. Both snapped at the same place, but the Heartlands and Talora's had no problems....kinda speaks for itself if ya ask me. They'd be fine brown rods though.

I have 14 ugly sticks. Love them from the light model to the medium. Riggers, Coppers, cores.

Model bw1101. I have the 7 foot one pieces and 8'3" two pieces. Also the 9' two pieces. Love them

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

I run Shimano TDRs (7') for spoon or stick bait rods (12 - 15# test). They are real work horses and cheap 2 -29 bucks @ BassPro. I have a 2 or 3 Daiwa Black Widows 8.5ft -love em for flashers & flies or planers. I have some Heartlands & they have never given me any trouble - one is a 10 ft braid dipsey rod which takes a lot oif stress with the bigger divers and a real crunch when a decent fish hits - No prob. I'd only use Ugly Stik spinnin' rods and then only for still fishing or casting for bass, etc.

Dave

its all about age...new ugly sticks are mass produced by little asian kids im shure....ive got two ollllld one prolly 20 years old or more with wooden handles theyr 8'6" riggers and they have taken a serious beating....the clearcoat is peeling off the rods theyr so sunbeat. but they still have alot of fight left in them.....its two different games with new vs old uglys the new ones are junk...the whooooole lineup not just rigger rods. they arnt like they used to be. plain and simple...just another example of how corp. structure and big buisness ruin american products...mass production with no quality control and cheip materials....