Hot Lure: Green Spin Dr - Big Fin Glow

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.2

Down Speed: 2.0 - :@

Boat Depth: 120-600

Lure Depth: 80-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Setup in 120 and worked way out. saw some marks in 170 - 180 range but nothing fired. Dead screen all the way out to 400. around 420 things started looking better with fish and bait. riggers at 90, 100, and 110 dipsey at 287 and 310 all took shots. best water was 520 range and green spin dr big fin glow taking 3 shots. I lost my 15lb torpedo, probe, and all coated cable in the 200 range :devil: so i was shooting blind most the day. (clutch was loose on rigger). had 52 down 90 over 200 before i lost everything. all 2 year old fish and a 5 lb steelie.

Mike,

I had the same thing happen to me last year - I was fishing with abt. 135' of cable out on my SB rigger but I was working on my port rigger when I heard a "sliding" sound and when I looked at my starboard rigger, the clutch on my BigJon was too loose and it was slowly creeping and finally "poof" - gone was my Subtroll probe, cannonball and 200' of cable.....lol. Funny thing was that was my THIRD probe lost since I started using a probe.

Good luck out there and thanks for the report,

- Chris

Did you not hear your rigger rod going down? Any time I hear drag It's either a wire dipsy creeping or a loose rigger rod. Check drags constantly. I could not imagine how you loose that equipment unless your bouncing bottom with your probe on for lakers. Only put out what you can handle.

The rod that was attached to that rigger was in the hands of one of my guys fighting a fish. It happened during the auto up cycle of the rigger. Thanks for the advice though what was I thinking using a probe

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Losing gear hurts.

I hung my ball over in Lake Champlain a couple months ago! 60 feet down and I had my clutch set too tight.. That's worse!

Before I could get the boat in neutral, My Cannon mag 10 STX ripped right off the boat! Of course it took the ball, release and 2 rod holders and a rod and reel and lure with it.

This happened at 0530. I was back on the trailer headed back to Maine by 0700. That morning sucked.

The morning before, I lost a brand new 15# shark.. Not a good weekend at all! At least my probe was on the other rigger!!