Derby damage

lost a net, a dipsy/flasher/fly and 150' copper last weekend. Talked with 2 other guys that both lost a probe. must have been a "moon phase"

the net floated long enough for us to turn back on it and reach out to grab then it dove to the bottom.

A guy on the reports board landed a net. i don't remember the screen name or even if it was on the reports page for sure but it was within the last week. I think it was titled something like catch of the season, something like that. maybe it was your net?

Spike

If you dont donate to the lake then you aren't fishing

This year seems to be overly bad for me too loosing tackle... No real big ticket items but a couple flasher\fly or flasher\twinky rig, and have lost two divers! Of course some spoons here adn there But when I get sad I lost some tackle I think... oh well at least I was out fishing!

The above quote is really true.

If you dont donate to the lake then you aren't fishing

Aint that the truth. :yes:

And the way the fish have been hitting this year, it seems worse than other years. Have lost a couple SD and Flies ....and one whole set up including the Dipsy. And then there are the riggers with sliders that make me wonder why I run sliders, cause its always the risk your gonna lose both spoons! Oh well.....I eat plenty of "free" fish in the summer!!!!! :rofl:

Lost my custom finger lakes net east of Olcott on a solo trip :@ . Gold handel black netting, flag attached. perfect net to solo for lakers on the fingers..too small for the 28lbs King :lol::lol: I gloved over the transom that day..luckily he was toast by then and I always keep a pair of leather gloves handy

Found a new net at Dicks on clearance!! 40bucks..much longer and not too heavy..oh yeah bigger hoop :clap:

Also tossed my best King spoon, an NK over the side by accident, hook stuck in my figer for a second as I tossed it up to the plank mounted on the sidewall...yep bye bye $^%&*$#@%^&* :@

2-15lb balls, a torpedo and a shark. 3 coppers, a dozen or more spoons, 1 flasher/fly, 2 or 3 flies, 2 J-plugs, 2 broken riggers, 2 rigger cables and 500-600 gallons of gas. And that is only the 160 hours I've put on my boat, not counting the time on my buddy's boat. The big push starts next week with 3 weeks at fishing camp.

It looks like it will be about 500 hours on the water this year and cost about $2 per hour not counting gas, beer, snacks, insurance, and camp and slip fees. Costs me about $6000 a year not counting boat payments. Replacing lost tackle is a small expense in the big picture.

Running a boat is a big expense for the owner. Guys who ride on other's boats don't seem to appreciate the costs. I sure don't mind when riders replace the lost and broken tackle. They may dish out $100 or so but the owner is paying thousands to take him/her fishing.

Holy crapper Dapper , im gonna guess someone is fixen yer cables while you sleep ..do you do a lot of running or trailering with the balls hanging from the hooks ? that will snap (weaken) cables everytime ,left the lake one day with my balls a hanging when i got home 120mi later all 4 cables were broke ,but at least i still had balls :o

no, I was trolling about 6 feet from the bottom and hung up on something. Broke the boom and then the cable snapped at the pulley. The other cable got damaged earlier in the season when it jumped the spool and got wrapped aroung the motor shaft. Got the ball up ok but, needed a new cable. My boat is 28 long and 10 wide - no trailering for me. My drop cable broke below my probe as I was reaching for the ball last time out. I went to the local tackle shop and put a new ball on the counter and the owner looked at me and said: "Did you loose another one, Tim?" That shark likely left a puff of silt on the bottom remeniscent of a Wiley Coyote skit when it hit the bottom.

Yep...the salmon are swimming around sayin...man this planet sure is gettin littered up by those aliens, kinda like the moon surface. Space Junk :lol: ..craters all over the bottom of the lake from high speed impacts.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Past few years I've lost:

3 Subtroll probes (my BJ riggers do not have auto stop and a few rookies have retrieved the probe/ball and pinched it in the pulley and broke it off, and the other time I simply wasn't paying attention to a creeping clutch and

I lost it all)

3 12# cannonballs

200' coated cable

2 caps on my BigJon rodholders

A 5 gallon pail

at least 2000' of copper

2 scotty's planer releases (were in the net when my buddy rinsed it in the water)

a handful of towels wrapped around my rigger boom to make my Subtroll work

at least a dozen spoons

a handful of cheaters

one clear dipsy

at least 5 or 6 Spin Dr/fly combos

a pair of prescription sunglasses and the case

a brand new Black's release I simply dropped in the water

and the grand finale.........a brand new cell phone

But it's still always fun and worth every penny!

Good luck to all,

- Chris