RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Reports 8/10-12

Time to get back to my live reports! The Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam went amazingly well last weekend, a big thanks to everyone who helped pull the event together! If you missed the reports and write up about the event check out the thread over at:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32689&start=225

Well, we had planned on heading up to the lake last night, but on my way back from DC yesterday I76 was shut down and I had the absolute pleasure of sitting in traffic for what seemed like forever :@

So we're headed up now and hoping to fish this afternoon through Sunday. The weather report isn't looking too promising though!

Rest Of Today

Southeast winds 5 to 15 knots. A chance of showers late this morning...then showers and scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds late. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Tonight

Southeast winds 10 to 20 knots becoming south 5 to 15 knots. A chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Occasional showers. A chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds in the evening. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday

South winds 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest. A chance of showers. A chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday Night

Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 3 to 5 feet.

Sunday

Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots becoming west 10 to 20 knots. A chance of thunderstorms. A chance of showers. Waves 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet.

With any luck we'll be able to get out a bit and not get too wet! I haven't heard much in regards to fishing this week, but what I did hear is that the water is warm and stable for once. Temp is down deep all the way out to 400fow. Hit and miss fishing pretty much everywhere.

I hear ya Nick. Am suppose to take a friend and his two sons out tomorrow morning. I am hoping storms pass early overnight and any shift in the winds from SE to S and then towards the SW will allow me to get a couple of hours of near shore fishing from 6am to 10-11am tomorrow morning. I will watch for any Live reports and let you know how we are doing, assuming we do get out and there is activity. I will most likely stay with the inside waters (less than 200fow), unless its totally dead. Just dont want to run out deep with the wind and weather this unstable.

Hope you can get out this evening...even for a little bit.

CYA

Jason

Ok guys could use some moral support... so far the only bites have come on the rods/lures theresa put out...

You go gurl! Sorry Nick! Maybe you have the wrong scent on ur hands! In your defense....they have all dropped. So maybe only your lures will CATCH fish.....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Nick, I'm in Rochester and a good storm just started up. Radar looks like its heading NE...just thought I'd give you a heads up. I hear thunder and rain on the roof...not sure about the wind.

Brian.

And yes...you should yell FISH FISH FISH!

Eh, maybe the storm cells are going to move more North.....sorry for the false alarm. Now just take her lures off quick while she is sleeping

Not gonna work, she watches them like a hawk!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png