Lighthouse derby

Just wanna say a big thanks to the people that put the lighthouse derby on,Harbor fest. We had a ton of fun fishing it, I got to see three people from my boat get on the board and win money and prizes and two of them got in the drawing for the 25 grand, That would of made an insane day of fishing if one of them won the big money. We were on fish all day, Lot's of Rainbows and Salmon,Lakers, We finally put a big laker on the boat on our last pass heading towards myers, I mean we had minutes to go to get to the launch and weigh in, That was crazy! I wanna say thanks to shuttsy and his boys for fishing with us, The best part was watching kid's reel in fish and seeing them smile. All the fish were caught on sutton spoons off riggers and my brother used the old fashion 1# ball straight down on leadcore with three leads off it, Also slide divers worked. A big congrats to Hermit ! :yes: It was nice seeing and meeting other LOU members there. FISH-ON!

Thanks to the Harbor Fest and Lighthouse organizers, especially Scott who missed a wedding to be there yesterday. Great talking to you fish-on, Copperliner and family (congrats to son Ryan in 2nd!), gonefishing71 and his buddy who helped me with the cooler. Zeke + Cyn, uglyokuma, thanks, got very lucky with a 9 lb 12 oz laker on a day that didn't give them up easy... except maybe for fish-on!

Got lucky with first place for lakers but the real winner was Lavarock64 who landed a gorgeous 11 lb 11 oz brown for first place "other" trout and lunker by a wide margin. Awesome fish, congratulations! I had a great time talking to everyone at the weigh-in, a lot of nice folks.

Landed 6 lakers plus a 3 lb salmon on a dead sawbelly 45' down on a slip bobber. Lakers were around 90-95 fow. All my lakers came before 8:30, the salmon shortly after 9, was packing it in at 11 due to gusty winds.

I would like to apologize to Billy V, squeezed him a little bit between me and another boat on the outside, I thought there was plenty of room when I pulled up. Turned out fine but his board passed by 30 feet away or so. I try to be careful about things like that but it was crowded up there yesterday at times, if you thought that was poor form I'm sorry. On a similar note thumbs down to the guys in the bass boat who parked on my butt without even saying hello, if I can smell your farts you're too close- and there was plenty of room at that point. I mean they were just plain too close, period. 20 feet, come on. These guys have a history of being uncool so I just left.

In short, nice day, great people, and thanks to the Harbor Fest folks!

I want to say thanks to everyone who put this event on :yes:

and congrats to everyone who placed :yes:

congrats Alec, you have helped a lot of people includeing myself and deserved it ...good karma

Fish-on, you guys were on fire yesterday :yes: , congrats on putting together a great day in horrible conditions

We had a great time and got to meet some LOU members :yes::yes:

I have had a run in with those guys in the bass boats, same characters. The first time I ran in to them after I had hooked two fish they fired up the motors and setup shop right on top of me, within 50 ft. If I see them now either I stop fishing till they move on or I leave, can't stand having someone that close. If I can pitch a jig in you boat your too darn close. Its pretty sad that they can't find there own fish. One other time I caught a few fish and they pulled right next to me and threw a bouy directly In front of my boat. Can you tell you struck a nerve there Hermit??? Anyways congrats and I am glad you got the big one and not them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I also want to extend a THANK YOU to the organizers of the toury and the fellow fisherman that share the fishing passion.

My long time friend and fishing partner Gordie!

Scott / John - (Mower) - Nice to finally meet you and great work on the camp.

Barney and Bear - Thanks for the scale work and the usual BSing

I would like to extend special gratitude to Hank from L&M Marine. You treat fellow fisherman right. He had my boat motor together just two days before the derby and she runs like a top!

Alec- Nice to see you in true form again! We'll have to wet some lines at some point.

With work and home construction jobs it's been a long 2 year fishing dry spell for me. To feel the adrenaline rush start with a pounding hook set, the drag screaming surges, the anticipation of the scoop of the net and the concluding shakes was the high that this tired hammer swinger needed!

Here is the pix of the spotted wonder!

Chris

Lansing_Harbor_Fest_Brown.jpg

Here's a list of the winners. And Thanks to all who participated and supported this years derby, by the way the cash was in #192.

Div A

Alec Johnston 9.12

Ryan Canavan 9.4

Justin R. Vanetten 8.14

Michael Butler 8.13

John Shutts Jr. 8.10

Div. B

Chris Laverack 11.11 Brown (lunker)

Craig Newhart 4.2 Bow

Pat Westfall 3.9 Brown

Robert Feeter 3.7 Salmon

Brian Cox 3.6 Salmon

Kids

Tyler Hansbury 7.5 Laker

Kyle Arrison 5.6 Laker

Brandon Drake 4.11 Laker

Mason Arnold 4.9 Laker

Justin Shutts 2.13 Rainbow

Thanks to Big Weenie for The Gift certificates and To Dave from R & R for the spoons and Bear's Bait and Tackle for the Kids Prizes

And a Big Thanks to Mower for giving someone an opportunity to win $25,000.

Also C & G Wilcox Engravings and Images for the donation of the Trophy that will be on display in the Lansing townhall trophy case with the past winners names on it.

Can't forget the Lansing Community Council for the support to do this.

Thank's All

Scott

I would also like to thank everyone involved with putting this together! :yes: Kade & I had a great time, put a lot of fish in the boat, even found a few big guys who apparently didn't want to see the inside of our boat ;( And I would like to add that everyone we met out on the water was very courteous, and it got pretty crowded a couple of times. :yes: Can't wait til B&B Fall Derby!

Kyle

Hermit - no worries. There was a lot of boat traffic and we were all trying to fish the same spot.

We had a good time fishing the derby and ended up with a bunch of fish, just not the one that we needed. Great work by all who were involved - we'll be back again for it next year.

Thanks again to John,Scott,and Barney. Great time. Three of us netted six for the day (4 qualifiers ) . Trolling batteries were going dead, had to come in to recharge. My son talked me into going back out at 1:00. Got the last 2 between 1:00 and 1:30 on a blank screen just before we were going to move. What a ball we had , the fish were lively and real deep. We were high fiving and laughing our butts off every fish we brought in.

Great to see John's family again, all happy and healthy !!!! Many,many thanks for all the hard work.

Mike