Whitney point resevoir

fishinfreak

I've never fished Whitney.

1) What is the water clarity like.

2) What is the current water level in relation to normal

3) How thick are the weeds there

4) Is the channel well defined by not having weeds in relation to the remainder of the reservoir

5) Are you using an electric when trolling those bouncers (it's not very deep looking at the contour map)

I made 4 trips to whitney point this year as i live in binghamton, and other than the first trip its been terrible. The first trip produced many walleye but only 2 that barely made 18 inches and several decent bass. Goto Otisco the fishing might be a little slow but the average walleye are 4 lbs. Try the west shore south of ladder point fish about 50 feet and down bout 25. Troll worm harnesses and natural perch colored cranks. I caught 3 nice eyes yesterday and 2 accidental bass. Last week had 2 tigers 38 and 40 inches to go with 3 walleyes.

I launch from Otisco Lake Campground and Marina. It is on otisco valley road on the south end, I go there because I can get a slip and a cabin for 4 for the weekend for 160 dollars. Launch is $9 but if you get a $10 slip launch is free if your staying over. They have tent and rv camping also. Ill be headed up friday morn about 430. Ill let you know how I make out.