Owasco catch of the day!

Fished Owasco this weekend as usual with my father. We went 3 for 5 or 6 in about 4 hours of trolling between Saturday morning and Sunday morning. All lakers down 90+ in 110-140 FOW. Nothing of any size, but hooked one fish that would have been a treat to see... I was convinced I snagged the bottom until I felt a shake and he was gone. (Perhaps he was fool hooked?) Anyway, back to the catch of the day. THE FLEAS, it's our own fault and we know it but fishing with lighter line is what we know. We actually had one rigger rod fire because of the extra drag from the fleas. (see below) This weekend the 20lb is getting put on even though it pains me to say it. Overall, a great trip saw some nice streakers on the graph, hooking them on baits I painted was totally awesome.

For reference the net handle is 48 inches.

image.jpg

My first attempt at painting my own spoons both took fish!

image.jpg

SD/ fly combo took all the hits today, also painted with the airbrush. Not my best work

image.jpg

Owasco sunset

image.jpg

20 lb test won't be large enough unless you are using 20 lb cortland flea flicker. Use 30 lb minimum but even 30 lb wasn't stopping them from clinging in Cayuga at times this year. Some guys had to go to 50 lb. Nice paint job on the spoons :yes:

Because I fish the Fingers and Lake Ontario....Every spring I spool my reels with 1000 ft. of monofilament and use about 30 ft. of flourocarbon leader.....When the fleas show up....I cut off the leader and tie on 100 ft. of Cortland flea flicker.....Then tie 30 ft. of flourocarbon leader to it...( all Albright knots )...If you want the sensation of fishing with light line....use a 6 or 8 lb. flourocarbon leader....You will need the leader regardless because the flea flicker scares the fish away 8)