Total Hits: 14

Total Boated:11

Species Breakdown:Kings - Steelhead

Hot Lure: SD various flys

Trolling Speed: 2 -2.5

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 220-300

Lure Depth: 70 -80

Got to love taking a family out that all love to fish and this being only their 2nd time fishing for salmon. First time no majors but that all changed as of this trip. Started off waiting for the lightning to clear and the supposedly 30mph that hadn't shown as of yet. Luckily we got there and the lone storm passed towards toronto and we headed out. Started at 100 and went straight north. While getting the riggers ready I was lower the leader and heard a crunch. Looked down and noticed I squished by spring on the big john, of course it had to be my speed and temp side. While performing surgery on that one the other rigger goes off and the first king of the morning on. After a 15 minute fight being the biggest fish they have every tackled of course it had to come off about 100yards from the boat. Depression sinks in for about 15 mins until the starboard dipsey set at #2 back 220 setting starts peeling off. 500 feet later and 25 min battle. They land the biggest fish of their life so far 28.5. Which made the trip and is starting to conver them from bass to salmon fisherman. We caught several steelies from 4 to 7lbs and another couple teenage kings. Back at the dock by 10:30 when the waives hit the 2 to 4 mark. Nothing beats taking someone out whose never heard the drag scream before.

dscf0379.jpg

dscf0385.jpg