Fish Hawk 840 Question/Problem

I just bought a used Fish Hawk 840. Came with 2 Probes. I set it up and used it for the first time this weekend. Seemed great at first but later in the day it was all over the place. Down temp would read 42 then 25 then 80 then blank. Speed was jumping around as well. Thought it might be battery as I was told they eat batteries but acted the same when i put in a new battery. The probe I have not used yet just came back from bieng re-calibrated. Any suggestion? I plan to try the other probe next weekend but if I need to adjust the gain or something else I would like to be prepared ahead of time. Thanks.

Had same problem 5 years ago. I have two fish finders on my boat. I turned off all my electronics. Then turn on fish hawk. Fish hawk was working fine. Then I turned on one electronic at a time. I found out the one of my fish finders (hummingbird) was fighting with the fish hawk. So now when I use my fish hawk, I leave off the hummingbird. HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks for the information.I had read lastnight that it might be interferance from a depth finder and I actually have a humingbird transducer mounted right next to the Fish Hawk transducer and a Garmin transducer within 2 ft so I will start by shutting them both off as suggested. As far as the X4 I am already thinking of upgrading next year so I have the larger display also. Thanks again.

• 5 years later...