Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scramp

Adirondack Fishing (Fulton Chain) 7th and 8th Lake??? Anyon

I can't find any useful information on fishing the Fulton Chain, up in the Adirondack Mountains. Heading up to 7th/8th Lake this Friday for 5 days and really want to give it a go. I know the species include: SM Bass, Trout, and Salmon. The lakes are somewhat deep and I know from others a little challenging.

Anyone got any advice on either lake from any vacation trips? I would SO APPRECIATE it.

We are so lucky for this site, for this area.

Haven't fished Fulton chains but I have fished the ADKs quite a bit. I find the Lakes to be tanic or tea stained from the pine needles & run off. There are Bass & Pike ,which can be good size. They can be very tough to bite & finicky. Target weeds & edges w/ acces to deep water. Also boulder points & drop offs,the usual stuff. Spinnerbaits & Big mepps for me I like black & gold w/ maybe some yellow or orange mixed in.Never did well w/ silver blades where I go. Also Senkos rigged shaky w/ 3-5" worms in darker colors. A stickbait twiched over weeds is a fun way that works well also.

Good Luck & Have fun.