Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.8-3.3 sog

Down Speed: 2.4-2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 160-180'

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished solo this morning for a little challenge and I thought it would give me time to just relax and scrub the boat down while fishing. The good news is I didn't have time to relax b/c the fishing was stellar. The bad news is the boat still needs cleaning. I started in 150' and worked north, but I consistently hit fish in the 160-180 fow area. The cold water was deeper today - 51 degrees with 115' of cable out on my rigger (my fishfinder doesn't pick up my cables but I estimate I was down about 80 feet or so).

I fished two riggers and alternated between a 400' copper and a 275' wire. Tons and tons and tons of bait marked and quite a few fish marks as well - mostly 80' down.

The riggers were my MVP's today and for once I landed almost every fish except my last which was a major after it straightened out a brand new 60 # Spro swivel.

The following all caught fish:

115' rigger - 42 sec NK

105' rigger - NBK Stinger

85' rigger early - Bob Fuller King of Sting

free sliders - King of Sting, DW SS Seasick Waddler, Standard mixed veggie with holographic tape

The wire diver and copper were both quiet, although I didn't fish the copper much

Awesome day today - I landed two doubles solo which is always fun.

Fish were smller today - 5- 10 pounds, except the last one which was in the twenties for sure. All fish were released to fight another day.

Good luck to all,

- Chris

Wire and copper were quiet

What a nice way to spend the day!

Come to think of it, there are over 4,500 of us sitting behind the desks reading about your adventure this morning. :lol:

I will take a slightly dirty boat with fish slime on it over a clean boat without any fish on it!

What a nice way to spend the day!

Come to think of it, there are over 4,500 of us sitting behind the desks reading about your adventure this morning. :lol:

I will take a slightly dirty boat with fish slime on it over a clean boat without any fish on it!

:lol: So true!!! Great Job Chris!!!!! Wish I was out there today, instead of sitting on this long conference call, looking at LOU!!!

You must have been on the outside of me. I also fished solo. Set up in 80fow because I haven't been out in 2 weeks. The picture was good in there with fish and bait. I didn't feel like putting riggers on the boat so I ran 3 wires. Trolled out as far as 150fow and the marks were getting fewer and farther between. Worked back into 100 fow and pull 3 browns biggest 7#. All wires pulling SD and flies. Was thinking about working out deeper but had limited time. Bill

Thinking about going out tomorrow morning my self or with Dad. I have not purchased new riggers for my new boat. Not sure what ones I want yet. I want to sell the 4 I have first. My question is, will my dipsy's even go down 80'. I don't run wire or copper. Just quick and simple mono-dipsy. I think you call them #0 dipsys with the ring. how deep will they go.