Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.8-3.1 sog

Down Speed: 2.3-2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 160-180 fow

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Did a little "impromptu" fishing with my buddy Jason and we started north of I-Bay in the similar water I fished the day before. We started marking lots of bait, but it took an hour or so until we had our first hit. Then we had non-stop action for the last three hours of fishing. The best depth was 160-180', and they liked an east and west troll the best. The coho salmon seemed to have migrated into the Rochester waters and we had our personal best of the year, a very healthy 15 pounder. Otherwise we had a great mix of 5-10 pound steelhead, 5-8 pound cohos and a few nice kings mixed in. The highlight of the night was a major which crushed our 600' copper. We were almost spooled (I believe there is 450 yds. of powerpro backing) and the fish jumped at least 6-7 times and it seemed as if it was a mile away jumping like a marlin. We fought it for 30 minutes but it shook the hook and I wasn't even close to getting line back to the copper. I've never seen fishing like this before on this lake and I've never seen majors like this which are so hard to land......however, that's what makes it so much fun.

The MVP of the night was the white/green dot Spinny/Hammer fly and the 42 sec Flasher/Fly on the 600' copper.

The following all took fish:

600' copper - 42 sec Spinny/42 sec. Fly

400' copper - live wire Spinny/shredded mirage fly

280' wire - white/green dot Spinny/Hammer fly

300' wire - Wonderbread Flasher/wonderbread fly

100' rigger - 42 sec NK spoon

115' rigger - NBK spoon

free sliders - DW SS Seasick Waddler, DW Regular Mixed Veggie

For those of you following my reports - I have used the same baits the past few weeks

Good luck to all in the Fall LOC,

- Chris

Thanks for the (as usual) great report, Chris. What goes around, comes around. It's a big lake, and there's plenty of room for all - the guys' reports (like yours) from the Rochester/I-Bay/Bear Creek/Hughes enable the "little guys" to have a day of fishing with their kids/dads/friends that makes for memories that are much more valuable than whatever the prize money might be for their "secret" location/lure combination. Thanks again for all you've contributed to this board.

Thanks for the (as usual) great report, Chris. What goes around, comes around. It's a big lake, and there's plenty of room for all - the guys' reports (like yours) from the Rochester/I-Bay/Bear Creek/Hughes enable the "little guys" to have a day of fishing with their kids/dads/friends that makes for memories that are much more valuable than whatever the prize money might be for their "secret" location/lure combination. Thanks again for all you've contributed to this board.

I'll second that. :beer::yes: